Reviews Categories | Tools & Test Equipment for the amateur radio work bench | RadioShack Adjustable Butane Soldering Iron #64-2188 Help

Reviews Summary for RadioShack Adjustable Butane Soldering Iron #64-2188
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 3.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: The soldering iron operates on standard cigarette lighter butane and holds enugh fuel to allow you to use its heat for up to 30 minutes at the medium setting. It has a built in strikerand includes both a built-in stand and an extra metal stand.

You can write your own review of the RadioShack Adjustable Butane Soldering Iron #64-2188.

KC8IMB Rating: 1/5 Feb 19, 2011 18:50 Send this review to a friend
It used to work  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had mine for quite a long time (2001-ish) and it worked fairly well until a few years ago. My brother and I were putting up a SWL antenna at my Uncle's house. After trying to light the thing it literally exploded. I assume an o-ring went out in the regulator, but didn't investigate. TRASH CAN. It took awhile for the singed hair on my arm to grow back.

I use a Weller Pyropen now. Definite upgrade!

KC7MM Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2002 21:40 Send this review to a friend
Neat and HOT!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
O.K., I may be a little slow on getting new toys for the shack. I just picked this little soldering iron up a couple of days ago. It does an incredible job on installing PL-259 connectors to coax. The literature accompanying the iron says the tip can reach temperatures of up to 1022 deg. F and with the blowtorch tip can reach 2372 deg. F. It is small and light. The tip is small enough to get into tight places. I like it!