Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | Kenwood MCP-2000 Software Help

Reviews Summary for Kenwood MCP-2000 Software
Kenwood MCP-2000 Software Reviews: 7 Average rating: 3.9/5 MSRP: $FREE - Download
Description: Memory Control Program for Kenwood TS-2000 series tranceiver.
More info: http://www.kenwood.net/index.cfm?do=SupportFileCategory&FileCatID=3

You can write your own review of the Kenwood MCP-2000 Software.

K7GLE Rating: 2/5 Oct 29, 2012 13:01 Send this review to a friend
Pretty clunky  Time owned: more than 12 months
It does what it says and no more. You can overwrite existing memory data but can't "insert" a blank line, copy more than a single line, etc. What we need is a set of edit tools as found in any word processor or spreadsheet.

If you have an RS2K you already know there is no easy way to connect it to a computer that doesn't have an RS232 serial port (like, say, ALL laptops!). I use my Navigator interface. You need to trial-and-error this setup to find the correct COMport, but if you're using this program you have already committed yourself to spending LOTS of time messing with it.

K8DXX Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2009 20:25 Send this review to a friend
Works for me  Time owned: more than 12 months
It works and it's free. I have not experienced any problems.

VA3DUX Rating: 3/5 Mar 1, 2009 17:20 Send this review to a friend
Oops!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I am thinking about Kenwoods Software ARCP-2000 not MCP-2000 Software. (sorry about that).
It comes free with the TS-B2000 and it does fall short.

KG4RUL Rating: 5/5 Mar 1, 2009 16:45 Send this review to a friend
It's Free!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Does everything I need it to do on my TS2000(X).

To all those who gripe, IT IS FREE! You get what you pay for. Other programs, which come with a price tag, can do this function. SO, if you don't like it, buy a program that you do like.

W7NIK Rating: 2/5 Mar 1, 2009 15:36 Send this review to a friend
Com Ports  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have this program for 3 years. The only problem I see only 4 com ports can be used. 1,2,3,4 .

KG4WFQ Rating: 5/5 Mar 12, 2003 11:31 Send this review to a friend
Quick and Easy way to get setup  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Simple, Fast, Get all your memory channels setup quickly including text labels. Great way to scan through all the menu options also. I use the MCP software for my TH-F6A also.

NC2F Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2002 08:31 Send this review to a friend
A Must Have Addition!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have owned my TS-2000 for a few months now and only recently did I download the free control software that manages the Menu and Memory settings. Well, I have to tell you this great radio just got a whole lot better! While I had no problem using the front panel of my TS-2000 to program and name memories, the MCP software makes it a breeze!

In addition to the Memory management aspect of the software, it also allows you to set all of the menu settings.

If you already have your TS-2000 already set-up to your liking - no problem. Just use the "Read" function under the "Radio" function on the tool bar, and all of your settings are uploaded to your computer. If you want to tweak any of your memory or menu settings, just make the adjustments and then choos "Write" to download the new data to your radio.

Use of the software is a breeze. Control "All" functions during Read/Write operation, or select Memory or Menu separately.

To get things going, all you need is a DB9 Female to DB9 Female RS-232C cable to connect to your computer's serial port. Radio Shack's #26-152B RS-232C cable works great.

Conclusion, if you own a computer and any of the Kenwood Radios that have the free MCP software available, it's worth the download! I posted the URL above to Kenwood's download site. If it happens to change over time, you can always navigate to it through www.Kenwood.net .