Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | Arrow Antenna 146-4S Stack Set Help

Reviews Summary for Arrow Antenna 146-4S Stack Set
Arrow Antenna 146-4S Stack Set Reviews: 8 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $120.00
Description: Stack Set includes Two 146-4S Antennas (left & right), 5/8 wavelength (4ft) spreader boom with built in Power Divider. Two 50 ohm coax cables to connect the Power Divider to the antennas. All Aluminum & Stainless Mounting Hardware.
More info: http://www.arrowantennas.com/

You can write your own review of the Arrow Antenna 146-4S Stack Set.

N6MEJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 4, 2013 08:39 Send this review to a friend
A Great Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the 146-4SS stacked set from Arrow Antennas for SSB weak signal work. This is the fourth antenna I have purchased from Arrow and it proved to be as excellent in quality and workmanship as any of the other three Arrow antennas I have. Unfortunately, I had to return the antenna because it did not fit within the tight constraints of my stealth antenna system necessitated by HOA restrictions. While I had the antenna up though, it performed flawlessly. Signals previously at noise level were instantly recognizable with an increase of 2-3 S units nominal. My transmitted signal also gained clarity at distance. Every station I regularly work in my early morning SSB weak signal net commented on the improved signal, with stations as distant as 175 miles from my location. The quality of the product is without fail, excellent. The machining is precise and the materials top notch. Tim, the owner of Arrow Antenna is pleasant and immediately responsive to any inquiry. When it became evident that the antenna would not fit my application, Tim was forthright and honored the no fuss refund policy without incident. I will continue to use Arrow Antenna products wherever I find need of an affordable, high quality antenna in the VHF/UHF spectrum.

KC0SDV Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2012 14:31 Send this review to a friend
Back in production  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just received an email from the new owner of Arrow Antennas, Tim Chapman KB7MDF that the stacked 4 is back in production. Mine has been up over 6 years and still works great...SWR is still the same as the day it was installed. Thanks Tim for making it available again.

Cliff
kc0sdv

N0WYO Rating: 5/5 Sep 7, 2009 15:03 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Although Al doesn't sell these any more, you can buy two of his 4 element yagi's and duplex them yourself. I think Al will even provide the specs if you ask nice.

I've known Al Lowe since he started in Cheyenne,WY in 1997. He was making the 4 element yagi at that time, and I asked him about something that would go up against a multi element yagi for gain. It was then we discussed co phasing his 4 element yagi's. I was the first to put a set in to service, and I'm glad I did. They ran right along with my friends' cushcraft 13B2 and in many cases, exceeded it's preformance.

I sold the co phase yagis, and kick my self for it today, but still run the dual band j poles Al makes. These antennas are second to none in preformance, craftsmanship, and durability. I will never buy any other UHF/VHF antenna.

"Simply the Best!"

KD8AVF Rating: 5/5 Jul 19, 2006 09:58 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna for the price.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Strong construction and easy to assemble. Puts out a good signal for such a small size. To bad Arrow doesn't. produce larger (longboom) 2m yagi's, and a higher power rating would also be nice. All in all it's a terrific antenna.

KC0SDV Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2006 09:17 Send this review to a friend
Discontinued but great antenna  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I must have gotten one of the last ones made, as it is no longer on the web site. An email from Al Lowe confirmed that it has been discontinued. To bad.

Cliff
kc0sdv

WA2UCJ Rating: 5/5 Aug 18, 2004 22:18 Send this review to a friend
top quality  Time owned: more than 12 months
I can not praise the quality of the workmenship & material, high enough. This antenna is very broad banded & works the way it is susposed to. I have 440,stacked 2m,1 hand held,& a 6m beam, you can't buy better. George

AA8QL Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2004 09:26 Send this review to a friend
5 thumbs up, Highly recommended  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I only learned about this antenna from KB9TMB's review. Boy am I glad I did. This thing is built like a brick outhouse, mine went together in 45 minutes. The only measuring you have to do anywhere is with the gamma match.

Very well built, solid as a rock and it looks good.

In fact I like it so well that I plan to pick up some more goodies for T-hunting from this guy when I get to Dayton.

KB9TMP Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2002 16:48 Send this review to a friend
Great Limited Space Antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
If you need a small 2 meter beam antenna and your tired of the Cushcrap stuff this is what you want. It is only about 3 ft square and 3 ft tall when assembled. This antenna is made out of solid aluminum rods for the elements and a hollow square tubing for the booms. When I opened the package I was very impressed with the quality materials and machining. There is no need to line up the elements like you do with a Cushcraft antenna, because when the 146-4S is put together it all lines up perfect. I had a little trouble getting the swr set on them and emailed the company I had the answer in a very short time. The company really tries to take care of their customers. This antenna works a lot better than the 13B2 it replaced, and takes up a lot less space. I have it mounted above a Radio Shack rotor and 30 ft pushup pipe and I've had no trouble with it at all. I don't like beam type antennas because they are normally more trouble than they are worth but not this one. If you want performance with small size you can't go wrong with this one from Arrow Antennas.