Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Alinco DJ-S41 Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DJ-S41
Alinco DJ-S41 Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.1/5 MSRP: $149.99
Description: 425.000 ~ 449.995MHz Sub-Miniture Hand-Held UHF Transceiver
More info: http://www.alinco.com

You can write your own review of the Alinco DJ-S41.

KG6HHB Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2003 21:16 Send this review to a friend
Great Mini Handheld  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For what it is it is a GREAT little radio. Sure you might not hit far away repeater. So far where I am atI've been able to hit atleast 10 repeaters. I am sure there is more I can hit. Even at *low* power I've been able to hit half of those repeaters.

No regrets on buying this phone. Manual is not the best. Manual is only one page. But good radio.

For more info look at:

KG4RUL Rating: 5/5 Jun 16, 2003 07:57 Send this review to a friend
Great FM Satellite Rcvr!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Definitely the ticket for cross-banding with my TS2000X! The receiver is sensitive enough to hear UO-14 with a Pryme, 17" accessory whip antenna. Used with a 2M rig, I have a perfect, mobile, FM Sat station.

WA6ODQ Rating: 3/5 Jun 16, 2003 01:12 Send this review to a friend
Not bad, could be better  Time owned: more than 12 months
This radio was a gimme, but can't complain. It's basically only good for events where you would just need to use an HT. Don't plan on using it mobile, the low power it puts out and the fact that you can't put an external mag mount on it make it pretty weak. I can hit a few local repeaters, but as of late I can't get it to turn on, and before this happened the CPU would do a total dump and all my stored memories would be gone, I don't know if this has an internal battery that needs replacing, but it's not that important, I use a VX-1R (144/440) which I find much more useful, efficient and recommend over the DJ-S41. If you want an older HT that still has all the bells, whistles, and nice features most newer HT's lack (like dual receive & dual display), is the Yaesu FT-530, it gets nothing but 5's on eHam.net.

KF4MQA Rating: 4/5 Dec 16, 2002 10:16 Send this review to a friend
A great little HT for crossbanding  Time owned: more than 12 months
The DJ-S41 is a fine little HT for the money. With a power output of 340mW it's not very good if you're not fairly close to a repeater but for HT-to-HT communications and crossbanding with your mobile it's a great addition to your arsenal. I've never been very fond of the sub-mini HTs but this one has performed superbly for me. The MSRP is $149.99 but I got mine at a local HamFest for $79 brand new.

73's