Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Daiwa CNW-419 Help

Reviews Summary for Daiwa CNW-419
Daiwa CNW-419 Reviews: 20 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: HF tuner
More info: http://www.daiwa-industry.co.jp/radio/ham_e/hamtope.htm

You can write your own review of the Daiwa CNW-419.

W7PSK Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2017 20:23 Send this review to a friend
Ill never give it up  Time owned: more than 12 months
Ive had this tuner since March of 1985. I wish Daiwa would make tuners again because this thing is a brick. Its never failed with over 30 years of use. It can tune a wet noodle I swear. Ive tried a couple others that failed within a year and always put the daiwa back in line.

Wish I could find a 519 for reasonable

KG7CJQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 4, 2013 03:43 Send this review to a friend
tunes a coat hanger  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Great manual tuner it really will tune the fliings in your teeth, all else fails grab a coat hanger and tape the coax on and boom you can tune it..

G4IKP Rating: 5/5 Feb 19, 2013 12:13 Send this review to a friend
Great Tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
Its a great shame these tuners are no longer made. I purchased mine in 1991 and I wouldn't part with it for any amount of money.

Frankly - it would tune up the filings in your teeth with ease if you needed it to.

Its not perfect - it only has two inputs, 3 or more would be better - especially a dummy load position for when you want to tune a hybrid radio up before connecting it to the antenna.

But I cannot give it less than 5 - its cross needle metering is accurate and the way all manual tuners should be, fast tune up is simply a breeze.

My other tuner is a Kenwood AT230 which does do the job and has more inputs, but its not as slick to use as the Daiwa CNW419.

A Fantastic piece of Amateur Radio Equipment.

G4RNI Rating: 5/5 Nov 29, 2012 09:11 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had mine 20 years now. Only thing I'd change it for would be the QRO 518 version but seeing as that doesn't have 160m the 419 would sit on the reserve bench. NOT FOR SALE!
It matches virtually anything and the acuracy of the cross-needle meter is better than acceptable. It compares favourably with my Bird 43 for power readings.
What would I add to make it even better? PEP capability, additional antenna ports, QRO and rig A/B switch.

IZ1TGH Rating: 5/5 Apr 13, 2011 08:08 Send this review to a friend
It simply tunes everything, also the kitchen sink! :-)  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
An OM friend of mine didn't need it any more, after 20 years of honourable duty, just because all of his brand new rigs have built-in ATs.
It found a new home under my Yaesu FT-897D and since it's slightly bigger than the rig, it acts also as a comfortable and nice-to-see basement for the rig.
This antenna tuner is still giving out its everyday's duty to tune a multiband wire-and-traps dipole by the now defunct Eco Antenne, which was designed to work on 80-40-20-15-10 meter bands only.
This oldie-but-goodie tunes my dipole to work flawlessly also on WARC bands, achieving a surprising 1,3:1 - 1,1:1 SWR with 80%-100% power output on all the HF bands ranges!
I'm a digital modes "addicted" ham and it let me work almost all Europe on 30m, but the best result was getting a 599 report to my 50-Watt RTTY signal by a Senegal station on 12 meters... with a dipole which shouldn't be working at all on those bands!

If one day I'm getting a radio with built-in antenna tuner, my old faithful Daiwa CNW-419 will never get out of my shack!

To recall the title of my review, it simply tunes everything, also the kitchen sink!

73's de IZ1TGH Roberto

IK2SAI Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2008 05:34 Send this review to a friend
great  Time owned: more than 12 months
Unfortunetely Daiwa doesn't produce it anymore.
It was bought barnd new in may 1991 and sice than has worked flawlessy day after day.
I would say that the instruments is excellent as well.
Great unit for power up to 200 key down.

ps: running with a Cushcraft R7, sometime i have tried some good qso in 80 meter band... (R7 is a vertical multibander antenna that doesn't cover 80 meter band).
I have noticed that the unit (inductor) becomes *hot* in few second with just 100 w out.

OE3SGU Rating: 5/5 Oct 15, 2006 09:59 Send this review to a friend
15 years troublefree  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this tuner in 1991 and used it for about 4 years without any troubles, very solid finish. Sold it after upgrading the station with a linear to a friend who still uses its today. 15 years for an almost daily used item is not bad.

YB0BP Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2006 08:20 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
Its very good antenna tuner with an excellent performance.

N7ESE Rating: 5/5 Dec 23, 2005 17:02 Send this review to a friend
Excellent performance and quality!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
First rate in every way!!!!

W1ZE Rating: 4/5 Dec 11, 2005 14:51 Send this review to a friend
Works Well!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used this transmatch for three years and it works well. It is well built and will match a wide verity of impedances. It will allow me to tune my 6-meter rig to my 132-foot doublet. Only minus is it does not have a 1:1 or 4:1 balun to connect to balanced tuned feeders. You have to add an outboard balum. Well worth the money.