Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Standard C5608DA Help

Reviews Summary for Standard C5608DA
Standard C5608DA Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $740.00
Description: 2M/70cm Twin Band Transceiver

You can write your own review of the Standard C5608DA.

DJ0ABR Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2009 18:11 Send this review to a friend
very nice rig  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
got this 20 years old trx from ebay for little money and modified it for D-Star usage.
I love this 5608 since it is so easy to modify, easy to operate and has a very quiet fan.

AC6IN Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2006 02:22 Send this review to a friend
Standard Rocks  Time owned: more than 12 months
Amazing, I just picked one of these up about a year ago. It is crazy how much better the receive and transmit audio is over all my other radios. It is much better then my Kenwood 741,732,733 and other Icom radio's.

Standard please take the rights back from Yaesu and start making kick ass radios again. To bad Standard went away, the quality of these radios just smokes the current radios offered from the big 3.

WB7BFD Rating: 5/5 Aug 16, 2004 01:55 Send this review to a friend
A Great Deal on the Used Market  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've had my 5608 in service as a base station for about four months. Not pushing the envelope as to its capabilities, but I'm totally satisfied for my outlay ($175 e-Bay). This unit HAS been mobile, but seems to work fine on all functions, despite showing obvious wear from being used as a mobile rig. Working into a rigid J-pole about 20 feet up, I'm hitting all the repeaters in the Puget Sound area, and hearing most anything, sometimes even faint signals simplex that others can't copy. A tough little rig, and well worth it if you can confirm that it hasn't been abused and get it for a low price.