Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Whiterook MK-22 Help

Reviews Summary for Whiterook MK-22
Whiterook MK-22 Reviews: 4 Average rating: 3.8/5 MSRP: $11.95
Description: Pocket Mini-Key. Low Cost, Highly Portable.
More info: http://ElectronicsUSA.com/mk.html

You can write your own review of the Whiterook MK-22.

W3FIS Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2015 11:14 Send this review to a friend
Excellent key  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought it for QRP field use. You do need to hold it with one hand, while keying with the other. I retro-fitted mine with a stereo jack so that it would be compatible with rigs that use paddles, where I need to "lift" the ring off ground/leave open. Added SPST toggle switch to optionally ground the ring.

KJ9R Rating: 5/5 Apr 5, 2008 20:26 Send this review to a friend
Great little Key!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased the MK-22 Key a few years ago. I have used it at home in the shack, but not in the field. I am sure it would work well there too if you have something solid to put it on. I used it on my operating table with a couple of different rigs. I held the key steady with my left hand and did the sending with my right hand. It worked fine! Fun little key. Nice for QRP rigs and doesn't take up any space at all. Stick it in your shirt pocket or in with your QRP rig, batteries and antenna. As for use with a leg strap I don't know. You can't expect a Vibroplex, Hi-Mound, GHD, etc. for this price. I purchased it with a little cable with the 3.5mm mono plugs on each end. One plugs into the key and the other into the rig! Ease of connection and ease of operation! What more could you ask for this price?
I thought it was a Great Little Key!

VO1HO Rating: 0/5 Aug 10, 2002 12:21 Send this review to a friend
Junk  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought it for QRP with the legstrap. Fits nice but difficult to use. The worst ham buy I have ever made.

KD5MMJ Rating: 5/5 Mar 30, 2001 15:41 Send this review to a friend
This is key is great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got this today. First thing I thought was "Wow, this is light!" I've been teaching myself morse code for some time and i wanted a practice straight key to go with my "fancy" straight key. This is great for on the go and qrp use. It fits in my shirt pocket! Great price and it looks really neat. After i build up speed i will probably go with more Whiterook Mini-Keys to learn and use as soon as i get a rig.