Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Paul Hanson Radio Repair Help

Reviews Summary for Paul Hanson Radio Repair
Reviews: 37 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Paul Hanson Radio Repair is the 1st choice for ICOM repair ie. price and turn around time on the East coast.

Paul Hansen, W6XA Amateur Radio Service Icom Service Center Southeast 1813A N. Boulevard Anderson, SC 29621 (864) 222-3539

You can write your own review of the Paul Hanson Radio Repair.

KU4C Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2016 21:14 Send this review to a friend
Icom Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
Paul W6XA, now in Tucker, Georgia, recently repaired my Icom 746-Pro that had stopped transmitting. He discovered Q1 & R3 manufacturing error and proceeded to fix the problem and check the transceiver for proper operation. The turn around time was just a week! Paul's repair price was most reasonable.
His new contact phone number is (864)222-3539.

K8VYA Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2016 08:04 Send this review to a friend
Paul has been my Icom repair because fast turn around  Time owned: more than 12 months
Paul is a expert repair depot. I had my Icom 746 Pro repair and Paul had fast repair. He is easy to get a hold of and will answer all your questions and explain what work has to be done and quote a reasonable price. He will also check your rig for current updates and correct any issues.

AC2EI Rating: 5/5 Dec 9, 2015 15:54 Send this review to a friend
Simply outstanding!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent an ICOM 703 for repair. I didn't expect quick turnaround time, as it is the Christmas season. He called me the day he received the unit, and called me back two days later to let me know it was fixed. Repairs were spot on, a fraction of the price that ICOM quoted and very well done. Highly recommended!!

AK4NJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 17, 2015 15:54 Send this review to a friend
Icom Repair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm glad to see Paul's back on the East Coast. He's been our one stop repair, tuning, and setup adviser and Technician for our Marine and amateur Radio needs for over ten years.

I recently purchased a used Icom 706MkIIG Late S/N for mobile use that wasn't reading correctly on the front panel. I sent her to Paul for alignment and repair not knowing what to expect with the IC-706 Horror stories. Paul called two days later with return shipping information.

Repair fee very reasonable - Quick Turn-Around. Radio out performs my 746pro in many ways. Wow! Thank's Paul!

Douglas
AK4NJ

AB3IY Rating: 5/5 Sep 17, 2015 09:33 Send this review to a friend
Great Service on Icom 706  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I sent Paul a icom 706mk2g with a bootup issue. He diagnosed, and fixed the problem in about 3 days. He also found, and repaired several other issues that I new nothing about. His prices are excellent as is his work. He kept me informed on the progress of the repair. I'm not really an icom person, but if you need one fixed, Pauls your tech for the job. Thanks PauL, Richard Sacco AB3IY

KG6XF Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2015 11:12 Send this review to a friend
My old Icom 751A  Time owned: more than 12 months
The tuning knob on my old 25 year old IC751A seized up solid. The air was blue. Was advised by a company in WA State to contact Paul. Bottom line, I sent him the radio for repair. Excellent service, he rebuilt the opto-coupler mechanism, implemented a Service Bulletin on the four trimmers on the VCO's in the PLL circuit. Got the radio back and am a happy camper. Should last me many more years.

AA4SC Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2015 09:30 Send this review to a friend
Excellant Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Paul Hanson's Icom repair service in Anderson, SC is a great place to get your ham gear repaired. I have had several pieces of equipment repaired by Paul and have been very pleased with his work, price, and turn around time. He specializes in Icom gear but will fix most types of amateur equipment.

AA8CS Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2014 10:02 Send this review to a friend
Great repair, quick turn around  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Paul repaired my IC-746PRO's optical encoder. The part from ICOM costs $100.00. Paul took the initiative to fix the encoder and gave me the option to replace the part or try the repaired encoder. I opted for the repaired encoder and it works perfectly. Paul also checked the radio for proper functionality, thoroughly cleaned it and fixed the feet opposite the handle as well. The rig looked so good when I unpacked it, I took a double take to make sure it was mine! I appreciate Paul for going the extra mile as he didnít have to repair the part, just replace it and call it a day. The cost was reasonable and the turnaround time was quick. I have already recommended Paul to a friend and will certainly look to him first for any future needs I have. For the record, Paulís last name is Hansen with an e. I chose to post under Hanson as that was where I found him in the first place and didnít want to divide his other reviews up. You can check his webpage at http://www.amateurradioservice.com/
AA8CS

W4NVJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2014 10:39 Send this review to a friend
Icom 725   Time owned: more than 12 months
Paul repaired my ICOM 725, and it has never worked any better than now. Paul even apologized to me that the repair took about two weeks. Kept me up to date until it was repaired. I hope I can keep the ICOM 725 for many years to come. Had it since 1989. Paul is great.

K4IIE Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2014 10:19 Send this review to a friend
excellent service/price  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had a couple of problems with the Yaesu FT1000D.As I only live about 1 hr. away,took the 60 pounder to him directly.Was very impressed with his test equipment.The repairs were expertly done and got it in less than a week.He was very friendly and it was a pleasure to visit him.Have recommended him to many others.Louis K4IIE Augusta,GA.