Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Paul Hanson Radio Repair Help

Reviews Summary for Paul Hanson Radio Repair
Reviews: 26 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Paul Hanson Radio Repair is the 1st choice for ICOM repair ie. price and turn around time on the East coast.

Paul Hansen, W6XA Amateur Radio Service Icom Service Center Southeast 1813A N. Boulevard Anderson, SC 29621 (864) 222-3539

You can write your own review of the Paul Hanson Radio Repair.

KD5UYT Rating: 1/5 Aug 30, 2014 17:22 Send this review to a friend
bad experience  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Sent Paul my IC 725 for repair. I admit it has a strange problem that comes and goes. Paul worked on the PLL circuit and aligned it and sent it back. Right out of the box the radio would not even power up. It finally powered on but still had the same issue. I called and he said return it and he would take another look. Paul called me and said the radio was not repairable and sent it back. I paid him $200 and the radio now does not work at all. The radio did work most of the time before he worked on it but now it is dead. Thought he might refund a small amount of the repair bill but he has just ignored me. I would look for someone else to work on my radios and not Paul.

N3JQD Rating: 5/5 May 9, 2014 18:12 Send this review to a friend
Superb  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Paul was kind enough to discuss my issues with an IC 746pro by phone before shipping. He had me make some observations and tests. As it turns out I could not get it to Xmit. Paul knew instinctively what needed repairing. So, off it went and was returned working in under 2weeks. He's very good in his communication. Trustworthy and knowledgable.
Great experience.

N3NNL Rating: 5/5 May 7, 2014 12:56 Send this review to a friend
Very Pleased  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent Paul my Icom R-8500 that went deaf. Paul fixed it and I had back in under two weeks . I would highly recommend him. A good person to do business with.

KI4SVQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2014 16:39 Send this review to a friend
FANTASTIC !  Time owned: months
I am fortunate to live within 10 minutes of Paul's shop. Called him up about 8:30 Monday morning he said to come right over. Icom 756 Pro III was having a power issue. Paul put the radio on his bench right as I walked in the door. Traced the issue to my power cord inline fuse holder. Fixed it within 5 minutes handed me back the radio and said " good DXing my friend " . Would not even let me pay him. Great guy ! Great customer service !
This was my first experience with Paul but his reputation proceeded him. Everyone I know says he is the best and now I can add my voice to that ..... THE BEST !

WC4X Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2014 18:17 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
3rd experience with Paul's service. Quick diagnosis of the problem, fast turn around--even when parts had to be ordered,-- and a fair price.

What more can one ask of a service shop!

Highly recommend

WC4X Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2013 18:34 Send this review to a friend
Fast service and fair price  Time owned: more than 12 months
Paul quickly diagnosed and repaired my dead IC 706 Mk 2G. Since I am relatively local, I made arrangements to show up personally at is shop and hope for the repair being completed while waiting. He came thru and was courteous and friendly as well. His shop is very professional and neat. I highly recommend him for your service needs.

KA1UVJ Rating: 5/5 Dec 12, 2013 18:53 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
He is the man. My radio sat at another so called tech for 2 months. Nothing done but tell me the battery was at 2 volts which was incorrect. Paul got the radio in his hands and had it back up in working in no time and sounding better then ever. Fired up the radio just 1 week after he received it and people were telling me it was the best I have ever sounded. And this was an old icom 751. Very good communication also.

N9NQ Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2013 12:14 Send this review to a friend
Past experience  Time owned: more than 12 months
I just found out that Paul is back in business in SC again. I have sent several radios in for repair in the past. I can't think of anyone I trust more than Paul with my radios. Even when he was swamped with work, he always got it repaired correctly and in minimal time and cost. I just sent an IC7000 to him that was in an auto accident. The only thing is the 6 pin data port is not transmitting. Itís probably an inductor or something simple but I just donít have the time to fool with it. Iím up to my ass right now with the ALS500 amp.

Iíve never met Paul in person, but he has always treated me like a friend by taking time to talk to me as if I was a long lost one. Few people take this kind of time away from their billable time anymore.

Iím an engineer and can tell by talking to Paul his knowledge is far greater than mine in repairs and his knowledge extends beyond the training he received for such repairs. His theory and physics are sound and knowledgeable in every aspect of electronics.

We are the luck ones in that he has returned to work.

Robert Spencer, N9NQ

AK4NJ Rating: 5/5 Aug 26, 2011 10:31 Send this review to a friend
Icom service S.E. Paul Hanson  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Icom America in WA sent me to Paul Hanson @ Icom South East, He is top notch in my book. I sent my IC-746Pro to him for software updates and a CR-338 Crystal install. Top notch and turn around was two days! Very friendly and knowledgeable. First Class service to say the least. I will be back with my other radio needs that's for sure. 73's

N1LF Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2010 16:21 Send this review to a friend
Top Notch! Very Fast!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
While Paul is best known for his great repair work on Icom radios, it's also a whiz at other brands too. And if you're a weak signal VHF fan, I highly recommend getting someone like Paul who understands that things are "different" in the world above 50Mhz.

He recently restored a used IC-910H that I bought off QRZ.com. It turned out to be a bit of a basket case, especially on 1296. Paul took it on as a "project" making no promises on how long the repair might take.

As it turns out, it took only about 3 weeks, despite having to do a lot of work! Now it's a top notch performer! VHF Men, you can't go wrong with Paul!

DE N1LF