Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Paul Hanson Radio Repair Help

Reviews Summary for Paul Hanson Radio Repair
Reviews: 29 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Paul Hanson Radio Repair is the 1st choice for ICOM repair ie. price and turn around time on the East coast.

Paul Hansen, W6XA Amateur Radio Service Icom Service Center Southeast 1813A N. Boulevard Anderson, SC 29621 (864) 222-3539

You can write your own review of the Paul Hanson Radio Repair.

W4NVJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2014 10:39 Send this review to a friend
Icom 725   Time owned: more than 12 months
Paul repaired my ICOM 725, and it has never worked any better than now. Paul even apologized to me that the repair took about two weeks. Kept me up to date until it was repaired. I hope I can keep the ICOM 725 for many years to come. Had it since 1989. Paul is great.

K4IIE Rating: 5/5 Sep 24, 2014 10:19 Send this review to a friend
excellent service/price  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had a couple of problems with the Yaesu FT1000D.As I only live about 1 hr. away,took the 60 pounder to him directly.Was very impressed with his test equipment.The repairs were expertly done and got it in less than a week.He was very friendly and it was a pleasure to visit him.Have recommended him to many others.Louis K4IIE Augusta,GA.

K4SE Rating: 5/5 Sep 23, 2014 14:02 Send this review to a friend
Excellent and Professional  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very satisfied with Paul's work. He was able to zone in on the problem over the phone. The rig (Icom 756PRO) was repaired and back home within two weeks. Repair cost was reasonable. Highly recommended!

KD5UYT Rating: 1/5 Aug 30, 2014 17:22 Send this review to a friend
bad experience  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Sent Paul my IC 725 for repair. I admit it has a strange problem that comes and goes. Paul worked on the PLL circuit and aligned it and sent it back. Right out of the box the radio would not even power up. It finally powered on but still had the same issue. I called and he said return it and he would take another look. Paul called me and said the radio was not repairable and sent it back. I paid him $200 and the radio now does not work at all. The radio did work most of the time before he worked on it but now it is dead. Thought he might refund a small amount of the repair bill but he has just ignored me. I would look for someone else to work on my radios and not Paul.

N3JQD Rating: 5/5 May 9, 2014 18:12 Send this review to a friend
Superb  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Paul was kind enough to discuss my issues with an IC 746pro by phone before shipping. He had me make some observations and tests. As it turns out I could not get it to Xmit. Paul knew instinctively what needed repairing. So, off it went and was returned working in under 2weeks. He's very good in his communication. Trustworthy and knowledgable.
Great experience.

N3NNL Rating: 5/5 May 7, 2014 12:56 Send this review to a friend
Very Pleased  Time owned: more than 12 months
Sent Paul my Icom R-8500 that went deaf. Paul fixed it and I had back in under two weeks . I would highly recommend him. A good person to do business with.

KI4SVQ Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2014 16:39 Send this review to a friend
FANTASTIC !  Time owned: months
I am fortunate to live within 10 minutes of Paul's shop. Called him up about 8:30 Monday morning he said to come right over. Icom 756 Pro III was having a power issue. Paul put the radio on his bench right as I walked in the door. Traced the issue to my power cord inline fuse holder. Fixed it within 5 minutes handed me back the radio and said " good DXing my friend " . Would not even let me pay him. Great guy ! Great customer service !
This was my first experience with Paul but his reputation proceeded him. Everyone I know says he is the best and now I can add my voice to that ..... THE BEST !

WC4X Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2014 18:17 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
3rd experience with Paul's service. Quick diagnosis of the problem, fast turn around--even when parts had to be ordered,-- and a fair price.

What more can one ask of a service shop!

Highly recommend

WC4X Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2013 18:34 Send this review to a friend
Fast service and fair price  Time owned: more than 12 months
Paul quickly diagnosed and repaired my dead IC 706 Mk 2G. Since I am relatively local, I made arrangements to show up personally at is shop and hope for the repair being completed while waiting. He came thru and was courteous and friendly as well. His shop is very professional and neat. I highly recommend him for your service needs.

KA1UVJ Rating: 5/5 Dec 12, 2013 18:53 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
He is the man. My radio sat at another so called tech for 2 months. Nothing done but tell me the battery was at 2 volts which was incorrect. Paul got the radio in his hands and had it back up in working in no time and sounding better then ever. Fired up the radio just 1 week after he received it and people were telling me it was the best I have ever sounded. And this was an old icom 751. Very good communication also.