Reviews Categories | Ham Repeater Controllers | CAT 300-DXL Help

Reviews Summary for CAT 300-DXL
CAT 300-DXL Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $$399.99
Description: CAT 300-DX with built in linking port & programming support added.
More info: http://www.CATAUTO.com

You can write your own review of the CAT 300-DXL.

N4ZKF Rating: 5/5 Sep 6, 2009 12:43 Send this review to a friend
Awesome Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I guess I too am like the rest. I love the product, the support is the best I have ever seen. It seems like Ron will do anything, anytime for you. Harlie is the same. They both go way above and beyond and Harlie doesn't work there. I just wish someone would write a manual in plain English. 5 minutes with Ron on the phone and you understand anything he teaches you. But you can read the manual for hours and miss what your looking for. It just doesn't make good sense. But the product is worth it.

NA6DF Rating: 5/5 Aug 26, 2005 09:09 Send this review to a friend
hard to beat!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I own one of the very first CAT-300's, back when they first introduced them. Great value, zero problems, fantastic phone support when my skull is too thick to understand. I also have a CAT-200, and at one time owned a CAT-1000. Same to be said for all. Highly recommended!

AL1F Rating: 4/5 Aug 26, 2005 08:21 Send this review to a friend
Tech Support  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This was my first controller and, since I live in rural Alaska, I have no local "Elmer" to lean on for support. Not only is this controller extremely versatile, but the the technical support from Ron is EXCELLENT! He was very gracious in explaining how to interface the controller with echolink and a TS64-DS tone decoder.

WM5L Rating: 4/5 Feb 25, 2003 21:53 Send this review to a friend
Nice  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had mine on the air for 1 year w/o any problems. Software is easy to use but the manual is hard to understand...Jim/WM5L

KD4HEY Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2002 11:52 Send this review to a friend
Excellent!  Time owned: more than 12 months
The DXL works flawlessly. Full function controller with voice, autopatch, time, memory saves, macros, user inputs & outputs, CAT has even provided seperate PTT functions for the repeater & the link as well as separate courtesy tones. You can program separate messages for each if you wish. More memory & a larger vocabulary than the DX. The Windows programming software works great too.
The only complaint (about all CAT products) is the manual. It requires hours of study & playing with the controller to truly understand its capabilities. I guess such is the nature of the beast. I do wish they were written more staight forward though, it is a pain to try to find a certain section or table for reference.
I originally owned the 300-DX & upgraded. Excellent Tech. Support from Ron @ CAT. (I also bought the 310-DX Commercial version I installed it for the company I work for).