Reviews Categories | Microphones for ham radio | Heil/Ten-Tec STUDIO ONE Help

Reviews Summary for Heil/Ten-Tec STUDIO ONE
Heil/Ten-Tec STUDIO ONE Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $129.95
Description: Brand new top of the line desk microphone manufactured
by Heil Sound and available exclusively through Ten-Tec

You can write your own review of the Heil/Ten-Tec STUDIO ONE.

MI3IHY Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2008 02:00 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought this microphone second hand, hoping that I could use it with a Yaesu lead. Working well with my FT-857, prompting questions from stations as to what microphone I am using, and commenting on the excellent audio.
The workmanship and build quality of the mic is excellent.
KD6WD Rating: 5/5 May 16, 2003 19:35 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have had the Heil Studio One for over a month now. I use the mic with both my Jupiter and my pegasus. I have a Behringer 602 equalizer but I no longer use it. I have had very good success by just using a different setting on roll-off. The roll off I used with the 705 was 150 hertz, but because the Studio One has such good base response I use a roll off of about 550 on my transmissions. I use a transmitted bandwidth of between 2400 and 2850 hz. This bandwidth depends on the station I am working and the vintage of their receiver. Comments on the audio have been excellent. Some stations refuse to accept the fact that I am transmitting at less than a 3 kc bandwidth. The microphone and the cables are very well made. Even with long cables this microphone is much less susceptible to rf on the audio. I recently purchased the heil boom stands. I reccommend them because the mic is bit heavy. This was my first purchase of a Heil microphone and it will not be my last.

John kd6wd