Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Sennheiser HD-280 Pro - Circumaural Headphones Help

Reviews Summary for Sennheiser HD-280 Pro - Circumaural Headphones
Sennheiser HD-280 Pro - Circumaural Headphones Reviews: 19 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $100
Description: The HD280 Professional is Sennheiser's most significant closed, circumaural headphone to be introduced in years. Designed to exceed the demands of the professional environment, the HD280Pro boasts extremely robust construction combined with extensive features that meet the requirements of today's most demanding applications. The unique collapsible design combined with swiveling ear cups, offers maximum flexibility in any application. Features Include: Closed, dynamic stereo headphones (circumaural) -
Accurate, linear sound reproduction for critical monitoring applications - Optimum impedance ensures universal compatability - Space saving design features collapsible, rotating earcups - Up to 32 dB of ambient noise attenuation
Neodymium magnets for high maximum SPL - Single-sided, coiled cable with 3.5 mm mini jack with locking 1/4" adapter - Very comfortable, even if used for long periods of time - Rugged construction with user-replaceable parts - 2 year warranty.
More info: http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite

You can write your own review of the Sennheiser HD-280 Pro - Circumaural Headphones.

VE9TS Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2011 16:26 Send this review to a friend
They work fine and sound nice ...  Time owned: more than 12 months
I use these headphones with my Yaesu FT-920 and they are clear with some "over ears" base sound, but not to much so. They are still crisp and clear sounding. AM, SSB and CW come through equally well. They will keep the noise out. I often listen to my loss-less (flac) music files via my S9 player and headphone amp. The music sounds wonderful in the HD-280's. I have other headphones, but I don't like them as much. I think they are the best all around (for radio and music) headphones I've found to date. I have no complaints.

N5IVZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 30, 2011 14:53 Send this review to a friend
Solid sound !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Nice to come back to a solid set of head sets... very similar to the headsets we used during football and basketball play by play..
Love the way they fit OVER The ENTIRE ear...
Great sound and blocks out the background noise better than my old Bose...

KC4CP Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2010 15:51 Send this review to a friend
Nice "CANS"  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I hate “cans” … I’m just not a headphones kind of operator. However, there are times when they are really needed. In particular, when operating CW they are almost required gear. The same is true when monitoring your own station while adjusting TX audio. And finally, when one is trying to listen closely to SSB signals (whether it’s a weak DX station or a super pleasant, broadcast quality ESSB station) headphones are a must. Because of this, I have bought scores of headphones. Right now I have a set of Bose headphones that are accompanying all the other sets – sitting in my extra gear trunk. I had about given up when some friends recommended the Sennheiser HD-280 Pro Headphones. I thought I would give headphones one more try.

Finally I hit the jackpot! These are the clearest sounding headphones that I’ve ever owned. The audio reproduction is superb. The set is extremely comfortable, blocks out virtually all external noise, and has a wide frequency range. And all this for $99.

I will never be a headphones first operator (some things never change), but it is great to finally have a decent set of “cans.” Forget all the others; buy this set and be done!

73 - David - WR4N (ex KC4CP, AC4CP)

K7JBQ Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2009 21:26 Send this review to a friend
crunch?  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Not sure what the previous poster is talking about re: "crunch," but I hear nothing like that.

Yes, you can tell you're "wearing headphones." Hard to miss, as they're covering your ears.

But these are only the best headphones I've used in 50 years of amateur radio. Guess that sums it.

Bill

K8JHR Rating: 4/5 Jan 28, 2009 01:36 Send this review to a friend
Just okay, I guess  Time owned: more than 12 months
Although sporting extremely durable and heavy duty construction, I was disappointed with please headphones.

Pros: excellent audio, crisp, punchy sound, not altogether unlike the sound of the venerable Koss Pro 4/AA headphones. Excellent articulation of percussion sounds on stereo recordings.

Cons: heavy, uncomfortable, and "noisy" earmuffs. Suffers from annoying cable noise. By this I mean they make crunching sounds as the cable is moved about, or when you twist your head from side to side, the earmuffs make a crunching, rustling sound. Very annoying. The heavy duty spring in the over the top headset connector ends up squeezing your head, becoming uncomfortable with extended use. You should not be aware you are wearing headphones if they are designed well and fit properly. In this case, I am constantly aware I am wearing headphones, because any significant movement causes the air muffs to crunch, and make noise, as they are compressed or flexed. This, alone, rules them out in my view.
You, however, may not notice this, or may not care if you can ignore it.

Alternatives: I much prefer the sound, comfort, and performance of the AKG K240 headphones and recommend them instead.

Good DX to you! /// K8JHR ////

IZ2OBY Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2008 08:47 Send this review to a friend
Eccellente !!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Acquistata su E-bay da un venditore di accessori audio Home e Professional al costo di 95,00€ dopo avere attentamente letto le positive recensioni su Eham.net. Che dire: veramente entusiasmante!! Appena indossate si nota un'incredibile isolamento dall'ambiente circostante ed un assoluto silenzio. Utilizzandola con un RTX l'impressione e' di "entrare nella radio" e la riproduzione dell'audio e' davvero eccezionale sia in FM e sia in SSB. Utilizzandola con l'impianto audio-home o con un lettore MP-3 si ascolta un suono veramente fedele e HI-FI difficilmente ascoltabili con altoparlanti esterni.
FANTASTIC !!

KC0KJF Rating: 5/5 May 16, 2008 10:58 Send this review to a friend
Kick Tail Headphones  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Due to years of shooting and motorcycle i have a hearing deficit, Bought the headphones because of reviews here. I can hear again listening to the radio, they amazed me full range and as much volume as I will ever need. Wish i would have checked these out when trying to study for the code but thats gone as requirement , hmm might do it anyways to prove to myself I can. Anyways I would recommend these to anyone good solid sound full range all the highs and lows and are pleasant to wear for long periods of time.

SV2BWM Rating: 5/5 Apr 20, 2008 01:10 Send this review to a friend
Top performance & value!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I wanted a new headphones set (my previous HD-400 set was old...) and having read the good reviews of HD-280 PRO, I thought this was my future buy. They are light-weighted and your ears won't get tired of hearing either HiFi music or various communications. It offers superb isolation from the environment noise. The music response is loud & very vivid, the stereo separation is very good, but I liked the bass audio in particular... SUPERB!!!

K4ZZT Rating: 5/5 Mar 18, 2008 19:15 Send this review to a friend
Perfect  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After reading the reviews here, I ordered one throught amazon.com...One word, Fantastic!, just what I was looking for. After using the Heil pro set for years, A/B testing, these are louder, better quality audio imo and much more comfortable.Also, I'm cw only and never use the boom mic on the Heil. Both mini phone and std phone jack come with it(gold plated). For $100 it is a great set of headphones. The Heil's are still good and better than any I had before, but these are better, the Heil is now my backup and outside portable headset.

NN4ZZ Rating: 5/5 Dec 30, 2007 17:22 Send this review to a friend
Best so far  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've tried various models from Heil, Koss, Yaesu and some ANC types as well. The HD-280 are the best yet.

- Good attenuation (32 db)- and no batteries to replace.
- Comfortable...over the ear
- Good volume (64 ohm imp)
- coiled cable, no switches or battery packs to get in the way.

(should mention I'm CW only so don't have any opition on how they perform on SSB)

73...Al