Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Magnetic Classic Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Magnetic Classic
Begali Magnetic Classic Reviews: 53 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $248.00 + 9.50 shipping
Description: Gold plated magnetic iambic paddle using micro-threaded adjustments and precision bearings.

You can write your own review of the Begali Magnetic Classic.

W6GEE Rating: 5/5 Jan 6, 2016 22:25 Send this review to a friend
State of the art design  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just bought the palladium finish version used. The construction is rock solid. Balance and action of paddles are exceptional! The weight of the base is unmovable which helps with a smoother light touch. I love this key's ability to set finer adjustments and keep them once set, as many other reviewers have mentioned. Well worth the money to have a solid reliable key without sliding all over the table.
M5ABN Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2015 07:41 Send this review to a friend
Superb engineering  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just received my Begali Mag Classic. As a retired engineer l can appreciate the superb quality of workmanship. Compared to my Bencher BY2 the Begali is light and positive and a pleasure to use. It may even improve my cw sending. I was fortunate to win my new key in the EUCW Snakes & Ladders Activity. So thanks to all the operators who took part and to the Fists CW Club here in the UK.
LB2TB Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2014 05:21 Send this review to a friend
The best paddle I've ever had!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have used this paddle with my last 3500 QSO's and it really is the best I've ever had.

Adjustments stay as you want it for ever. Cannot remember the last time I had to adjust it.

The heavy weight of the keyer keeps it in one spot on your desk. No more moving around...

I normally work my QSO's around 28-32 wpm.

Looks nice and is well worth the investment!

73's from LB2TB
N1DZ Rating: 4/5 Jan 10, 2011 19:55 Send this review to a friend
Nice Key not great  Time owned: more than 12 months
Nice looking key. Not at the same level as a Schurr in finishing quality or functionality. It looks more like a mass produced key. Not worth the high price tag. Also the magnetic tension is hard to dial in. I prefer my Schurr portable wabbler. It looks and works better for me.
K8TJ Rating: 4/5 Jan 28, 2010 16:20 Send this review to a friend
OK but far from the BEST  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased one of these paddles recently. The machining quality is that of mass production with a LOT of rough edges, literally. I do not like the idea of using springs on the contact spacing adjusters but they do seem to hold their adjustment. The paddle has a VERY nice feel to it and I'm a bit surprised but I suspect it's because of the bearing pivots. Operationally I give this paddle a solid 5 but machining quality is no where even close to a Schurr Profi 2 or a March R-3A
KA2DDX Rating: 5/5 Nov 18, 2009 16:50 Send this review to a friend
Thank You Santa  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Santa came early this year and left a Begali Magnetic Classic in my shack. WOW! I cannot add any more to what has already been said. It's beautiful, operates wonderfully.....nice and smooth. It came with the optional aluminum finger pieces (red) and is a focus of pride in my shack. I love using it. I was not unhappy with my Kent TP-1, but really appreciate being able to step up in the world. Thanks to the Begali family for helping Santa get this to my QTH.

Regards To All,

Larry - KA2DDX
N0AH Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2009 20:41 Send this review to a friend
Great for beginners  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My daughter Anna, W0ANT, is learning code and she is doing very well with this keyer. I have used it and found it to be easy to adjust for my speed. It has a nice weight and center of gravity. For the price, the quality is fb-
M3ZVI Rating: 5/5 Jun 19, 2009 09:42 Send this review to a friend
GREAT KEY!!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
When I ordered my key, the sevice was friendly and fantastic. I could even have a special engraving on my key (no extra cost than the normal engraving charge).

The key came well packed with spare finger pads (alloy and plastic) along with the ajustment tool, a free pen and a few QSL cards (in under 2 weeks).

If you are after a key that looks great, feels good to operate, will last for ages and will bring a smile to your face every time you use it then this is the key to get!

Frank - M3ZVI.
K0EX Rating: 5/5 May 5, 2009 06:20 Send this review to a friend
primo !!!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
just rcvd mine. incredible craftsmanship and attention to detail, second to none! very thoughtful perks included -- extra screws for the paddle's finger-pieces, a special "Begali" dust-cloth, a 0.003" feeler gauge for setting tight contact gap, and everything in nice plastic bags. the list of things "done right" could go on and on: packed very well; registered tracking, requiring my signature for delivery; etc.

top-notch salesmanship and general kindness from Bruna, his daughter.

for the paddle itself, operation is smooth. the base is heavy. the bearing-block is substantial. "massive" comes to mind while admiring it as it sits adjacent to another of my paddles. very tight-pitched threading on the adjustment screws makes setting it to personal preferences easy and repeatable.

i probably will find a reason to buy another one of his works of mechanical art before long!!

a genuine round of applause for Piero, Bruna, and the Begali team from Cellatica.
EB3BRJ Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2009 07:58 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using the Begali Magnetic Classic for over a year and have nothing but great words about ir. Very accurate, bery easy going.
I had never heard about Begali keys until a friend of mine from GACW (Grupo Argentino de CW), LU5BE, took me to see Piero to his shop in Cellatica. He purchased his paddle and I liked it so much myself I ended up getting one muyself too. He knew what he was buying, I realized it later when using it.
Also, Piero is an excellent person an well as his family. He was very kind and took a lot of time with us chatting with us on radio and also showing us his product. Many thanks Piero!.