Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Magnetic Classic Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Magnetic Classic
Begali Magnetic Classic Reviews: 51 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $248.00 + 9.50 shipping
Description: Gold plated magnetic iambic paddle using micro-threaded adjustments and precision bearings.
More info: http://www.i2rtf.com

You can write your own review of the Begali Magnetic Classic.

LB2TB Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2014 05:21 Send this review to a friend
The best paddle I've ever had!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have used this paddle with my last 3500 QSO's and it really is the best I've ever had.

Adjustments stay as you want it for ever. Cannot remember the last time I had to adjust it.

The heavy weight of the keyer keeps it in one spot on your desk. No more moving around...

I normally work my QSO's around 28-32 wpm.

Looks nice and is well worth the investment!

73's from LB2TB
Norway

N1DZ Rating: 4/5 Jan 10, 2011 19:55 Send this review to a friend
Nice Key not great  Time owned: more than 12 months
Nice looking key. Not at the same level as a Schurr in finishing quality or functionality. It looks more like a mass produced key. Not worth the high price tag. Also the magnetic tension is hard to dial in. I prefer my Schurr portable wabbler. It looks and works better for me.

K8TJ Rating: 4/5 Jan 28, 2010 16:20 Send this review to a friend
OK but far from the BEST  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased one of these paddles recently. The machining quality is that of mass production with a LOT of rough edges, literally. I do not like the idea of using springs on the contact spacing adjusters but they do seem to hold their adjustment. The paddle has a VERY nice feel to it and I'm a bit surprised but I suspect it's because of the bearing pivots. Operationally I give this paddle a solid 5 but machining quality is no where even close to a Schurr Profi 2 or a March R-3A

KA2DDX Rating: 5/5 Nov 18, 2009 16:50 Send this review to a friend
Thank You Santa  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Santa came early this year and left a Begali Magnetic Classic in my shack. WOW! I cannot add any more to what has already been said. It's beautiful, operates wonderfully.....nice and smooth. It came with the optional aluminum finger pieces (red) and is a focus of pride in my shack. I love using it. I was not unhappy with my Kent TP-1, but really appreciate being able to step up in the world. Thanks to the Begali family for helping Santa get this to my QTH.

Regards To All,

Larry - KA2DDX

N0AH Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2009 20:41 Send this review to a friend
Great for beginners  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My daughter Anna, W0ANT, is learning code and she is doing very well with this keyer. I have used it and found it to be easy to adjust for my speed. It has a nice weight and center of gravity. For the price, the quality is fb-

M3ZVI Rating: 5/5 Jun 19, 2009 09:42 Send this review to a friend
GREAT KEY!!!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
When I ordered my key, the sevice was friendly and fantastic. I could even have a special engraving on my key (no extra cost than the normal engraving charge).

The key came well packed with spare finger pads (alloy and plastic) along with the ajustment tool, a free pen and a few QSL cards (in under 2 weeks).

If you are after a key that looks great, feels good to operate, will last for ages and will bring a smile to your face every time you use it then this is the key to get!

Frank - M3ZVI.

K0EX Rating: 5/5 May 5, 2009 06:20 Send this review to a friend
primo !!!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
just rcvd mine. incredible craftsmanship and attention to detail, second to none! very thoughtful perks included -- extra screws for the paddle's finger-pieces, a special "Begali" dust-cloth, a 0.003" feeler gauge for setting tight contact gap, and everything in nice plastic bags. the list of things "done right" could go on and on: packed very well; registered tracking, requiring my signature for delivery; etc.

top-notch salesmanship and general kindness from Bruna, his daughter.

for the paddle itself, operation is smooth. the base is heavy. the bearing-block is substantial. "massive" comes to mind while admiring it as it sits adjacent to another of my paddles. very tight-pitched threading on the adjustment screws makes setting it to personal preferences easy and repeatable.

i probably will find a reason to buy another one of his works of mechanical art before long!!

a genuine round of applause for Piero, Bruna, and the Begali team from Cellatica.

EB3BRJ Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2009 07:58 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using the Begali Magnetic Classic for over a year and have nothing but great words about ir. Very accurate, bery easy going.
I had never heard about Begali keys until a friend of mine from GACW (Grupo Argentino de CW), LU5BE, took me to see Piero to his shop in Cellatica. He purchased his paddle and I liked it so much myself I ended up getting one muyself too. He knew what he was buying, I realized it later when using it.
Also, Piero is an excellent person an well as his family. He was very kind and took a lot of time with us chatting with us on radio and also showing us his product. Many thanks Piero!.

W6YDE Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2008 10:29 Send this review to a friend
The best I have seen  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Were to start is going to be the hard part of this review. Explaining about the highest quality available in service and manufacturing will be easy.

I must say that doing business with Begali and their state side friend Ulrich Stienberg/N2DE,is a refreshing experience. Email communications are fast and endless. From the very first email reply about my order, I felt that I had known the Bruna Begali all my life.

Every detail of the transaction is complete. Shipping was fast, only a few days. Total time from website ordering to the paddles delivery was 7 days with a Saturday and Sunday included. The paddles were double boxed and the everything is wrapped in bubble wrap.

The paddles are of the finest workmanship that I have seen thus far. Every possible aspect has been throughout. Even the cable connection under the paddle's base are recessed and out of the way. The padded rubber feet are just not glued on. They are mounted in a machined hole. The padded rubber feet are not going to peal off or slide around. The operation of the paddles require the lightest touch and the Begali Magnetic Classic is not going to walk off the table top. This set of paddles is very heavy and about 1-1/2 or 2 times the size and weight of a KENT. This set of paddles could last two or three life times of a ham operator.

With all that said, I can only add, it is well worth the additional cost over others brands. Perhaps the Begalis are not charging enough for their quality.

Mike/W6YDE

M0CVX Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2008 01:38 Send this review to a friend
Beautifully engineered, exceptional customer service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Magnetic Classic is a beautiful piece of engineering and yet also highly functional. All the adjustments are positive and of fine tolerance, and the quality of finish is superb. I ordered mine with the Palladium base (a dark silvery grey) and along with the Red aluminium finger pieces it looks absolutely stunning. I only wish my morse operating could do justice to the paddle!

Customer service from Bruna was a delight; efficient, personal and courteous. Despite there being a UK dealer, I bought direct from Begali and my internet order was confirmed, processed and delivered within 5 working days, in a package that can only be described as bombproof!

I cannot fault a single thing about the whole buying and using experience, and if my morse ever gets good enough I'll be back for a 'Sculpture'. You can buy from Begali with a high degree of confidence, and I heartily recommend them, and their Magnetic Classic paddle.

Paul M0CVX (ex-AC5NO)