Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Begali Magnetic Classic Help

Reviews Summary for Begali Magnetic Classic
Begali Magnetic Classic Reviews: 51 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $248.00 + 9.50 shipping
Description: Gold plated magnetic iambic paddle using micro-threaded adjustments and precision bearings.
More info: http://www.i2rtf.com

You can write your own review of the Begali Magnetic Classic.

K3CB Rating: 2/5 Feb 23, 2008 08:29 Send this review to a friend
Call or E-mail Before you Buy  Time owned: more than 12 months
Older models, beware of your sending contacts becoming semiconductor-like and disrupting your sending at most inopportune times, i.e. intermittent.

There is an upgrade kit from Begali for $89 plus shipping to US. Question ought to be "why"? The new versions of this key are provided with gold contacts. The upgrade kit, which I have almost completed installing, provides same but requires serious mechanical skill to install the parts - assuming you get the right parts which I did not.

The product is exceptional in feel, design, and manufacture. Assuming you have a new version with gold contacts there should be no problem. For those with radios like the Orion 565 and Orion II like myself, expect serious intermittent behavior until you spend the money to upgrade. So much for product support for a known manufacturer problem.

E-mail: owormser@earthlink.net, phone: 41-745-0138

Owen, K3CB

AA3EJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2008 07:55 Send this review to a friend
CW Op's dream...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well, I am a CW only op for the past 50 years or so, and and I have to say the Begali keys and paddles are the best values made for the serious CW op!. I chose the Magnetic Classic for its value and precision and nice finish for me, It's top quality is by far the best value for your money in a top quality-top precision-top manufactured paddle, in fact its the standard for all paddles to compare by, for the serious CW op!..
To quote a previous reviewer...
"Bagali have set a new benchmark for quality, operation and style, with excellent customer service from Bruna..."
I agree completely. adjustments for dot and dash are spring loaded, once adjusted via the thumbscrews, won't move, and the rear magnetic tension thumbscrews are also top quality..and of course the finish..WOW!..again thanks Pietro for such a professional offering for the CW op!
And to top it off, the great customer service!
73's Dave, aa3ej

Grazie Pietro, ..Grazie Bruna!

CHRISGM Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2008 15:08 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the Magnetic classic with gold contacts for myself for Christmas. Online ordering was a snap, communication excellent, delivery as promised, and ohohoh! the contrast of the Palladium with the Gold makes the thing a work of art. It also is a superbly engineered, and high preformance product.

VE2GK Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2007 16:03 Send this review to a friend
Great Product....Great Communication  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am very happy with my new Begali Magnetic Classic.
Bruna, I2RTF's daughter took very good care of me.

They accept Paypal, which made payment SO easy!

Other reviewers have pretty much said it all.... :)

W9HC Rating: 5/5 Nov 24, 2007 11:48 Send this review to a friend
E Molto Bello !!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Some products carry a higher price tag but are well worth the extra cost. This is another such item. About three times the cost of a Bencher Key (not a bad product for its type), the Begali Classic a MAJOR step beyond the Bencher - or anything else I've used. The Begali Classic is so easy, sensitive, predictable, comfortable, and solid that is actually a bargain at the price! If you REALLY want to know what user/owners think, try finding a used Begali on Ebay. You won't. No one I know who has one would EVER give up their Begali willingly.

By now I'm sure that everyone knows that the difference is the use of magnetism rather than springs to return the paddle to the open position. And the quality of manufacture and finish is "BMW" grade.

Service is excellent, with good communication and bullet-proof shipping.

Grazie Pietro, Grazie Bruna!

Steve
W9HC
QRP ARCI #7074
FISTS #12965

G0KDJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 14, 2007 22:48 Send this review to a friend
Superb Product. and Service.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've picked up several top end paddle keys over the years including Vibroplex and Schurr Profi-2 which have proved to be very good keys. Here, Bagali have set a new benchmark for quality, operation and style, with excellent customer service from Bruna. Received within the time schedule advised and the packaging was bomb proof, well cushioned and tightly packed. Straight out of the box settings were exact, I really tried hard to consider adjusting to my own settings but try as I may it was perfect. It's difficult to put a overall value on this key it's that good and service better by none, I'de say between $300-$800.

HS0EA4BKA Rating: 5/5 Feb 21, 2007 01:43 Send this review to a friend
JUST FANTASTIC !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For my birthday, I treated myself to Piero Begali's SIMPLEX and CLASSIC Keys.
From the packing to the actual operation, these keys are the closest you can get to perfection !
The adjustments are the finest I have ever seen, yet I did not need to correct anything, as the "factory default" settings are just what I like.
Try to "slap" these keys around the table : They will not move. Sitting solid as a rock !
Bruna, I2RTF's daughter, handled the deal splendidly and she even found a shipping alternative that was as fast as a courier service, yet costing a fraction of the courier price.
These are pieces of art, not just telegraph keys !
Many thanks to the Begali's.
73 and 88,
Eduardo (Eddy). HS0/EA4BKA

K0KES Rating: 5/5 Feb 1, 2007 17:45 Send this review to a friend
TOP NOTCH  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Over the years I have owned many different Paddles.For old school the Brown Bros Paddles are hard to beat.Then I ordered a Begali Simplex WOW nice paddle and not really expensive.I used it happily for two years and ran across a litely used Magnetic Classic. I shelled out the money thinking it probably wasnt any better than the Simplex. Well to make a long story short it is.The magnetic return makes closer adjustments possible and high speed cw is effortles. Begali Paddles have a different feel over the others and control is much better.You cant go wrong with any Begali paddle. Now I am saving up for one of his sculpter paddles.

N0UY Rating: 5/5 Feb 1, 2007 10:24 Send this review to a friend
Keeper  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought mine used from a great guy that I found indirectly here on eham. I'm a pretty plain guy so I wasn't looking for something to show off. All I wanted was to find a good paddle that was very functional. I used the Bencher for almost ten years so there was a brief time of adjustment to the feel of this paddle. I am totaly please with it's function and enjoy showing it to others when they ask to try it. As many others have stated, It's probably the last paddle I will ever buy for the home shack.

JACQUES_BELDEROK_EX_WV0Q Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2007 06:27 Send this review to a friend
Beyond Excellent!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned this paddle for over 3 years. It was recommended to me by a friend of mine. I had looked around for some nice paddles for a while and just re-entering the hobby after several year hiatus some of the high end manufacturors had ceased production. Then I found Mr. Begali... This man produces, in my opinion art!, thats functional. This is my favorite paddle. I am so glad I was pointed to his collection of morse keyers. I could not be happier, and am glad I missed out on the "others" that had ceased.
Mr. Begali, his family and company are so easy to work with. I have had several e-mails back and forth with various people and they are beyond nice!! Always a friendly comment or 2, makes one think one is a good friend of theirs!!!
Anyway, bottom line is, chose any of his products, you can NOT go wrong.
Thank you Mr B for a great product..