Reviews Categories | Ham Shack Accessories | NCS Multi Switcher Help

Reviews Summary for NCS Multi Switcher
NCS Multi Switcher Reviews: 10 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $299.95
Description: NCS Multi-Switcher is a "mini-console" that lets you switch all operator equipment (microphone, headset, keyer, foot- switch, etc) to any of four radios at the push of a button.
More info: http://www.ncsradio.com/m_switch.html

You can write your own review of the NCS Multi Switcher.

N6NKN Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2007 19:09 Send this review to a friend
Boy It's Neat !!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have three tranceivers and an Icom R71A receiver and this device allows me to control them all. As others have said, I don't know how I got along without one of these. I can now put three of my separate speakers on Ebay and only use one mic for all three rigs. Yes, it needs a lot of cables, but once you have it all set up, it sure works slick. It is a product who's time has come for sure.

Try one, you will not regret it.

N6NKN

KF4HR Rating: 5/5 Feb 1, 2007 13:26 Send this review to a friend
How did I get along without this product?  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have several transceivers in my shack, three of which get used quite a bit. I used to have three separate desk mic's on the table, one for each rig. Not any more! I use one Heil mic, and can quickly and easily switch this one mic between my rigs (Yeasu FT-736R, Kenwood TS-2000X, and ICOM IC-756ProII). Individual mic preamp drive controls allows me to set the proper mic drive for each rig individually, which is very nice. A second mic input is also a nice option for my headset/mic unit. Finally, a word about company support. I've talked to the company 2 or 3 times now, basically to ask questions or order cables. Each time I found the company to be friendly, very helpful, and I was never was put on hold. That in itself says a lot about this company. Buy one. You'll wonder how you ever got along without it. (The matching Multi-Receive audio switcher - also a great product!).

NI0C Rating: 5/5 May 9, 2006 15:34 Send this review to a friend
Helps integrate your station  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm almost exclusively a CW operator. I use the multi-switcher to select one of three radios so that audio output from the selected radio goes through an MFJ DSP filter, and the selected radio is keyed by the K1EL WinKey.

This unit helps me to enjoy all my radios at the push of a button, even in a rather limited space. I like being able to switch instantly from my big rig and amplifier to my QRP rig.

The NCS-3240 is a very attractive and compact addition to my hamshack.

It took multiple trips to my local Radio Shack store to purchase the appropriate cables to get my station configured the way I wanted.

W3DX Rating: 5/5 Jan 12, 2006 07:48 Send this review to a friend
Great Product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just received my Multi-Switcher, and really love this product. It's a very handy device to integrate microphone/voice keyer/memory keyer/and audio in the shack. It's very nicely made, and sets up in minutes. Tech support is extremely friendly and helpful.

Perhaps one day, NCS will also offer an antenna switcher to the device, which would be a fantastic evolution for this great product.

This is a great way to clean up your radio room.

WX2K Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2005 13:07 Send this review to a friend
Just what I needed!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The NCS-3240 Multi-Switcher has solved my problem of switching 2 microphones and 1 cw keyer between 4 transceivers. The build quality and ease of setup and operation is excellent! The optional cables that you can order to connect the switcher to your particular rig make it a breeze to get going! Plus, you can actually e-mail or speak personally on the phone with Doug McDowell (K4SWJ), the company's president!

KC4PX Rating: 5/5 Jun 3, 2005 13:25 Send this review to a friend
A must for multiple radios during contests  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My main problem during VHF contests was running the bands with a contact who has the capablity of multiple VHF bands. I have always had to switch microphones, headsets and CW keyer from one band to another... and it takes time. At Dayton 2005, I purchased the NCS-3240 and some Heil Microphone connectors to make up some of my own cables. I've had the unit in operation now for a month, getting ready for the June VHF contest. I operate 5 rigs during the contest (IC-756Pro, IC-275H, TS-2000X, IC-475A and a IC-275A) plus many transverters. The Multi-Switcher is such a fantastic addition to my contest station. Its just a breeze to sit at my computer and just push a button on the NCS-3240 to switch radios on-the-fly. No problems with RF feedback at all. I use a Heil headset and Heil Pro microphone as inputs plus an electronic keyer. With a push of one button, I now automatically switch my Mic, Headphone, Keyer AND footswitch to one of 4 Rigs... yes, the 5th Rig for 2304Mhz (IC-275A driver) needs to be done manually. This June will be the real test how fast I can run the bands with a contact... It looks now that I will have to wait for the "other" guy...... I'll be there in a flash. Great Product- very well build inside and extremely flexable. Highly recommended.

N2DY Rating: 5/5 Feb 12, 2005 22:55 Send this review to a friend
Great Accessory  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I actually have the 3230 Multi-RX, essentially the receive only version of the Mult-Switcher. I have it hooked up to 6 different Uniden scanners. I do a great deal of local scanning as well as military air band monitoring. Before I got the Multi-RX, I had 6 different speakers hooked up. That took up a lot of space in the shack and looked pretty cluttered. The Multi-RX took care of that. Now I have just 2 speakers. In fact, the Multi-RX could allow me to get away with a single speaker for the 6 rigs. I use 2 because of the spatial feature of the Multi-RX. This feature essentially makes each rig sound like it is in a different portion of the sound field coming from the speakers. In other words, the rig that is to the left sounds like it is coming from the left. The rig on the right sounds like it is coming from the right. The rig in the middle sounds like it is in the middle, etc. The Multi-RX also allows you to record from any, or all, of the rigs. Audio quality is virtually the same as the rigs sound on their own. Not only does it work really well, it is a terrific looking piece of equipment. Build quality is beautiful. Doug has a real winner here. I may get another to run all of shortwave receivers. If you want to reduce clutter in your shack, consider picking up this really cool accessory.

KY6R Rating: 5/5 Oct 14, 2004 22:04 Send this review to a friend
Superb  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This unit fits my shack like a glove - its exactly what I needed. Now I have one mic and paddle that can play with my 4 radios - all different manufacturers. The mic and key works in the HF rigs, and the mic works in my 2M / 440 rig.

I also have the headphone out going through my SCAF, so all radios can be filtered this way. When the phones aren't in, then all radios play through my single speaker.

No problems - everything is buffered properly and all impedances match beutifully.

W2PA Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2004 23:25 Send this review to a friend
Indispensable  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I've been using the NCS-3240 for about 9 months. I use it to switch 4 audio sources between four rigs, three of which are older rigs from the 70s, and one (the main rig) is an FT-1000D.

I ordered the multi-switcher directly from NCS and spoke with Doug McDowell, K4SWJ, the company's founder, all via email. Doug was very helpful, suggesting how to handle my particular situation, which called for the addition of factory mods to allow for keying older rigs with grid-block keying lines, and relay contacts for PTT lines on two of them. I ordered it on 11/24, it shipped on 12/04 (Thanksgiving was in between), I received it on 12/8, and I was up and running on the first rig the same day. It took me a bit longer to construct the interface cables for the other three but once everything was hooked up, it became a pleasure to operate the station. No more fumbling with switches and cables. DIN connectors are a bit of a pain to make cables with, but if you haven't the patience for it, just order the pre-made cables from NCS.

Independent level adjustments for each audio source and each radio make it possible to get all the levels right. The multi-switcher also matches impedances, selectable with jumpers for each line, so any microphone/rig combination is easy.

It's now become such a natural part of my station, I can't imagine operating without it (unless I sold all but one rig). Construction is high quality and it's easy to set up and operate. Support from NCS was great. Read their web site, you'll be impressed. Download the manuals.

There's also information there on how to hook two of them up, how to operate together with their other switcher, the multi-rx (if you love receivers).

Chris, W2PA

P.S. eHam: this thing deserves a category all its own. It took me a while to find reviews of it. At least this category makes more sense than "Specialized Communication Products" Ugh.

KG4LRU Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2003 21:14 Send this review to a friend
Great product  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
NCS Multi switcher NCS 3240 Does what they advertize not cheap but it has brought order to the shack I can run 4 radios one set of speakers and k one key up to 4 mics if need be with a push of a button, High quality cabinet and product, there is a little work in setting up your mic cables to the switcher. if you run a lot radios this will make life just little closer to heaven. Now if we could get them to make antenna switch of decent quality, we could have our cake too. I plan adding more of there gear soon.