Reviews Categories | Microphones | Audio-Technica ATM61HE Help

Reviews Summary for Audio-Technica ATM61HE
Audio-Technica ATM61HE Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $120
Description: Artist Series Hi-Energy Hypercardioid Dynamic Microphone.
More info: http://www.audio-technica.com/prodpro/profiles/ATM61HE.html

You can write your own review of the Audio-Technica ATM61HE.

M0DIT Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2003 18:57 Send this review to a friend
Extremely versatile  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned this microphone for about 3 years now and am very impressed with it.

I am a member of a rock band and this is the microphone I bought to use for backing vocals. Then it came to me; why not try it out on the air?

I made a lead up with an XLR plug on one end to fit the microphone and an 8-pin radio mic plug on the other to fit my Kenwood TS-570DG.

The results were fantastic! I received some really good audio reports from stations in various countries without me having to ask, "How does my audio sound?"

When I listen to myself through the TX monitor on the TS-570 I find that the microphone drives the radio up to 100 watts from anywhere as far back as 6 feet (approx. 2m) and gives a good, flat frequency response.

With the "proximity effect" described on the Audio-Technica website, when you speak into it at close range, this gives lovely warm, bassy audio but still with plenty of clarity. Perfect for those rag-chews.

But don't just take my word for it, try one out for yourself!

73 de Josh M0DIT