Reviews Categories | Microphones | Heil Goldline Pro Help

Reviews Summary for Heil Goldline Pro
Heil Goldline Pro Reviews: 30 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $130.00 (optional cable extra)
Description: A professional quality dynamic cardiod microphone designed for broadcast, recording and live sound reinforcement applications that require a smooth flat response over a wide frequency range.
More info: http://www.heilsound.com

You can write your own review of the Heil Goldline Pro.

N4MJG Rating: 5/5 May 16, 2016 16:19 Send this review to a friend
Best Goldline HC5 ever !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had this Goldline HC5 since 2007 best mic ever owned using on my Yaesu FT-847 for now until use it other radio !!!

Jackie
N4MJG
Tullahoma ,Tn

N4ZAW Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2013 11:34 Send this review to a friend
Great ,but....  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I got this mic at a hamfest and was impressed by it's performance. HOWEVER, a friend recently gave me an Kenwood MC-60, so I decided to do some on-air comparisons. Rig was Yaesu FT-840, no EQ, with and without radio processor engaged. Results:
All four out of the four listeners stated the MC-60 was notably BETTER-sounding! I'm not saying the Heil is worse (hence the 5/5 rating), just that the MC-60 werks better on a 'naked' FT-840 at the same mic gain levels, regardless of in-rig processing. And no, the GM-5 aint for sale :)

K5HSV Rating: 5/5 Feb 17, 2013 18:50 Send this review to a friend
Used for 10 Years and Still In Love With It  Time owned: more than 12 months
I origionally got the Heil Goldline Pro with a Kenwood TS-2000; as a promotional item. I've kept it as my base microphone and I've had nothing but great audio reports from other hams. The MC5 element gives a full range sound to voice, while the MC4 element, specifically for DX has a extremely high-end EQ. As a friend of mine tells me during rag chewing, it "pinches up" the audio. It really cuts through in a ugly way that will get the attention of DX stations, if for the simple reason just to shut you up... HiHi. Personally I love this mic and it has been faithful for me going on 10 years now. Looks and works as well as the day it came out of the box. If I had to replace it, it would be with the Heil PR-40. However, with a microphone that sounds this good, I would simply be spending money for nothing while it's performing this well.

73's
K5HSV

K5REZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 17, 2011 16:24 Send this review to a friend
The rave reports say it all  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I'm more often than not asked, "What rig/mic combination are you running"? FT-950 and Goldline 5 is my answer. Killer audio reports using this combination. Bought an adaptor from cw_man on ebay & connected the GM 5 to my Kenwood 440SAT. Same results. I'm not looking for another microphone any time soon.

KD0IDQ Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2010 19:06 Send this review to a friend
Great mic, but tricky for FT-950  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
When I first attached the Goldline Pro to my Yaesu FT-950, it sounded terrible. Then Heil suggested that I back off the connector to unground the mic. That fixed the problem and the mic had the best sound I have ever heard.

NU0R Rating: 4/5 Jan 23, 2010 15:24 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice Mic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a Goldline Pro for my Icom 746Pro. With Heils cord it was plug and play after a few settings on the 746Pro. I got the mic with the broadcast element and the "dream machine" DX element. After about a month of use I can say that the Heil has really improved my audio quality a lot. The broadcast element has a nice deep bass combined with very clean highs. For rag-chewing it is great. The "dream machine" DX element really cuts through when conditions are tough. I find that I am not having to repeat info with DX stations the way I did using a hand mic. It is like they say,"the DX element is not a pretty sound, but it will get you heard when nothing else will! The "build quality" of the mic and cords are top notch. Heil is definately not cheap junk! It is everything that they say it is. My guess is that the Goldline Pro will improve the audio on just about any rig.

N6HPO Rating: 5/5 Jan 15, 2010 19:15 Send this review to a friend
Great Things in Small Packages!  Time owned: more than 12 months
My GM-4 came with my ICOM 775DSP when I bought it and the match could not have been made better in Heaven!

This mic just sings; makes my voice sound just like
Sinatra...

PD9JO Rating: 5/5 Aug 24, 2007 14:21 Send this review to a friend
I love Heil  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought the GM-4 version of the Goldline, it sounds super!! Now it is the same as my Pro set-plus headset, the only thing with the headset is that I can switch over to the HC-5.

Thanks Heil.

PD9JO.
Jo.

AA6A Rating: 5/5 Feb 1, 2007 21:38 Send this review to a friend
Great w/ TS-480  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought the GM-5 version of the Goldline Pro summer of 2005. Been using it ever since with a Kenwood TS-480. A wonderful pairing and vast improvement over the dual cartridge HM-10.

With the TS-480 set for TX EQ High Boost One (HB-1) the Mic's WIDE setting produces exceptional results, adding a bit (ProcIn = 50, ProcOut = 50)of the TS-480's internal Speech Processing makes it even more splendid.

A flip of the Mic's Switch to WIDE activates the mic's HC-5 cartridge delivering plenty of edge to sear right on through band conditions or pile-ups, and if you want even more edge, just nudge the TS-480's speech processor up to about 75 or so and you can sound as piercing as you may like.

All in all a great mic!

Very 73,

Rob - AA6A
(Prev AK9G)
(Prev K6RSG)

N4MJG Rating: 5/5 Feb 1, 2007 17:42 Send this review to a friend
Awsome !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I has this heil goldline mike 2 years now the greatest mike ever owned.

Jackie