Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Yaesu FT-2200 Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu FT-2200
Yaesu FT-2200 Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $???
Description: VHF 2 Meter Mobil
More info: http://www.yaesu.com

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FT-2200.

K5AEA Rating: 5/5 Jan 22, 2004 23:24 Send this review to a friend
Great Radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
First Radio I ever owned. Bought used in '97 - took it from the truck to the house daily and used the heck out of it as a new ham. Can't say I always put the thing into a perfect load (one accidental transmission into a DFing antenna comes to mind), but the radio held up nicely. In 2003 I hooked it up to a mobile antenna that had a shorted connector, and blew the finals. I can't say anything bad about it though. Always did everything I needed. Bought an FT-90R to replace it as I headed south to help with the Shuttle Columbia recovery and wanted a dual band rig. Thinking of replacing it and reviving it as an APRS rig.

W4DXL Rating: 4/5 Jul 13, 2003 21:40 Send this review to a friend
Never lets me down  Time owned: more than 12 months
This rig has been running strong for almost 9 years now. The mil spec FT-2400 grabbed most of the glory but this is a great little radio. This was my 2nd mobile rig bought slightly used. The only two problems have been a bad on/off switch which Yaesu sent me for free when I asked what a replacement cost and the freq. selector knob started jumping. After getting bounced around in a suitcase on a trip the selector really went bad and only tuned in one direction again very irratically. I pulled the knob and shaft out and tune with the mic buttons vowing that one day I will get this little guy properly repaired. It deserves it! 3 power levels that can be programmed into memory. My unit has PL encode with the decode option. I just might see if I can find another one!

K7RFI Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2003 18:24 Send this review to a friend
outstanding!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is one of the best 2 meter rigs i have owned.
I have 2 of these, both put out 50 watts+
no intermod!!!!!

KD6GJS Rating: 5/5 Jan 16, 2003 14:39 Send this review to a friend
Great radio  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have not seen any reviews for this radio. I'm not sure as to why but it has been working great for the past 10 years. I have had it mounted in many 4WD truck being thrown around in the hills and it still keeps on working great. I just checked the power output and is still crunching 47watts output with no servicing required. I would of bought anotherone if they still made them. Ended up with 2 Yaesu 1500m's