Reviews Categories | Keys & Paddles | Vibroplex Paddle Help

Reviews Summary for Vibroplex Paddle
Vibroplex Paddle Reviews: 7 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $17.95
Description: Iambic paddles
More info: http://www.vibroplex.com/

You can write your own review of the Vibroplex Paddle.

NE4EB Rating: 4/5 Jan 27, 2007 19:06 Send this review to a friend
Obviously A Quality Paddle, But Not For Me  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been a CW operator for 29 years. My experiences thus far have been with the Bencher BY1, 2 and 3 paddles, and most recently the Schurr Profi. I borrowed this key from a friend, as I have been searching for a better key than the Bencher I'm currently using. The Vibroplex has a solid feel to it, and it is an attractive item. However, after a few hours of practice at high speeds into my AEA MM3, it became obvious that this key wasn't for me. The adjustments don't hold well, and it does not have very good tactile feedback. Just my opinion of course. I have no desire to further play with this key, and I'm going back to my Bencher until I find another model to test. I've just ordered the Bengali Simplex, and I'm looking forward to reviewing that once I run it through the ropes. If this rating system had a 3.5, that is where I would have rated this Vibroplex, but a 4 is more fair than a 3 in this case I think.

K2MK Rating: 5/5 Feb 22, 2006 07:37 Send this review to a friend
A very nice dust cover  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Larry, WB3EVL is no longer making his famous dust covers. So when I finally decided to replace the cardboard box on my 40 year old Vibroplex Vibrokeyer I had no where to go except Vibroplex. They offer a clear plastic dust cover for $28.95 plus shipping. Available direct and thru resellers. I placed my order and received it via priority mail in a few days. It is very nicely crafted. The inside edges are machined so that it fits down very snuggly on the paddle and stays put. You operate the paddle with the cover in place. It's too tight to pop on and off frequently.

I am very pleased with the dust cover and highly recommend it to anyone trying to dress up their shack. With the chrome base of the paddle all polished, this crystal clear cover really shows it off.

The same cover also fits the Vibroplex Iambic paddle.

CT1BWW Rating: 4/5 Sep 19, 2001 14:05 Send this review to a friend
Nice Piece for the schak  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've receive my Vibroplex, I'm operating CW mode with great pleasure and a lot of fun. This is a real nice Piece for your schak and if you have any doubt take more informations with anyone with a VIBROPLEX product. Really it was a very good choice, and I'm proud to use this new Paddle.

N5XQ Rating: 4/5 Jul 19, 2000 14:12 Send this review to a friend
A Good Set Of Paddles  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been operating with a set of these paddles for over a year. The model I have has a chrome plated base, and the quality of the plating is just as good as on any of the Vibroplex models. As with all Vibroplex products, the workmanship is high quality. My criticism of this key is that the contacts don't stay put. The contact set screws would vibrate out or in causing mis-sent characters. The solution is to set the contact spacing where desired, and then place a drop of LOCTITE thread locking glue or some nail polish from the xyl on to the threads at the posts. Since I was able to correct this problem, the key has worked wonderfully.

N0VLJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 17, 1999 21:33 Send this review to a friend
Wait I forgot to give a rating!!!!  Time owned: unknown months
Thank you, but it should be a ten star to make up for my stupidity!

N0VLJ Rating: 3/5 Nov 17, 1999 21:27 Send this review to a friend
Simply Perfect !  Time owned: unknown months
I operate cw almost exclusively. Have used many different keys, paddles and bugs. I also collect them plus tube and transistor keyers. I find the Vibroplex keyer with the wood base to be the smoothest and easiest to set-up keyer I have yet to use. It is very stable and doesn't come out of alignment. All it needs is a clear plexiglass cover to make it a true work of art. Anyone know where I can find one?

W2MW Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 1999 13:39 Send this review to a friend
Real Nice Feel  Time owned: unknown months
I've had my Vibroplex paddle about 2 year now and truly enjoy operating with it. My first paddle was the Bencher, which is ok but not like the Vibroplex! The Vibroplex paddle has a real nice solid smooth feel to it.