Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | Yaesu SP-7 Compact Mobile Speaker Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu SP-7 Compact Mobile Speaker
Yaesu SP-7 Compact Mobile Speaker Reviews: 5 Average rating: 1.8/5 MSRP: $40 AVG
Description: Compact Mobile speaker.
More info: http://http:/www.yaesu.com

You can write your own review of the Yaesu SP-7 Compact Mobile Speaker.

NL7FK Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2006 19:53 Send this review to a friend
I Love my SP-7  Time owned: more than 12 months
I picked up my little sp-7 at a hamfest a couple of years ago for $12.00 to be used with my handi-talki and it works great.

I have even use it with my 706MKIIG and I have no major complaints. Is this a full range speaker? NO Does it sound better than any in radio speaker? YES

This little speaker is best used on FM instead of H.F. due to the highs it produces. It works great on hand helds and mobile FM transceivers.

If you are looking for a speaker with massive lows then you do not want this speaker. If you are looking for a speaker that you can hear while going down the road with the windows rolled down then this is a speaker for you.

I was amazed that so much sound was coming out of such a small box. The mount is top notch and the speaker will fit just about anywhere. For my $12.00 I feel like I made a great investment.

AF4KK Rating: 3/5 May 28, 2003 10:27 Send this review to a friend
Not bad...  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought four of these speakers for $5.00 each at the Stuart, Florida HAMfest. For the money I paid, they're fine additions to my mobile environment. Sure, if you want "high fidelity", look elsewhere but their high frequency response is just right for coming over engine and road noise. I bought them for a specific purpose and they do their job well!

KE4RWS Rating: 0/5 May 27, 2003 04:40 Send this review to a friend
Ashamed of it  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Well, I bought the SP-7 used for $5 at a hamfest. Even at $5 I felt cheated. The sound was about as cheap as I'd ever heard from any speaker (and this thing was like brand new).I realize this is no full-size speaker but even paying five bucks for it was just enough to make me mad once I heard what this POS sounded like.

Yaesu should be ashamed to put it's name on such a thing. If space is a real issue then your much better off using the radio's internal speaker than this piece of doo-doo.

There's still time to save yourself! Run away from it!

K6USN Rating: 1/5 Mar 26, 2003 18:52 Send this review to a friend
A disappointment  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I agree with the previous reviewer. The only thing going for this speaker is that it is small enough to fit in my car's ash tray holder.

Sound is harsh and tinny. Okay, so maybe I am not being fair, as it is a compromise speaker at best-and I bought it for size.

I should have taken the suggestion of the salesman at AES and saved some money. If this speaker had retailed at $20 I'd have given it a
3, but that is being very kind.

KB0ETC Rating: 0/5 Jan 22, 2003 19:38 Send this review to a friend
VERY POOR!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have all matching Yaesu accessories for my Yaesu stations.

When I dediced to purchase the VR-5000 Wide-Band RX, I decided it would be nice to have an external speaker for it. Yaesu's external speakers I have used (SP-5 & SP-5) are great speakers.

The SP-7 while being a compact mobile speaker, I thought it would be the right size for the VR-5000.

This speaker is awful. Looks a lot like Radio Shack's compact mobile speaker. Has a cheap mounting bail, cheap wire mesh front is entirely made of plastic. The speaker element is a 60mm paper element.

When I remove the speakers (yes I bought two, to run in parallel) from their boxes, I performed an initial test with my Radio Shack scanner. I could barely hear any audio from the speaker, even FULL VOLUME...

Poor audio response, not very loud (don't know how you could use it in a mobile environment - even right next to your ear). Poor construction.