Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Astron RS 35A Help

Reviews Summary for Astron RS 35A
Astron RS 35A Reviews: 88 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $150.00
Description: 13.8 volt 25 amp continuous 35 amp peek rated Power Supply
More info: http://www.astroncorp.com

You can write your own review of the Astron RS 35A.

VE7REN Rating: 5/5 Jun 30, 2014 16:46 Send this review to a friend
the best  Time owned: more than 12 months
ive owned a rs35a since 2003.. no issues at all to power a 100 watt radio and a few meters,2 meter radio...on many times 5 days a week 24/5..ive tried other brands too.. samlex,alinco,and the ever crappy pyramid.... none are as reliable and heavy duty like the astron.... i own 3 rs 20a also for some other goodies,never a issue there too..

K5REZ Rating: 5/5 Jun 30, 2014 13:03 Send this review to a friend
Do it right the first time - Buy an Astron  Time owned: more than 12 months
Workhorses that are built to last. Operate with confidence. Why skimp on the power supply? Don't!

WD5NOT Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2014 22:49 Send this review to a friend
Astron RS 35A   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my 2nd Astron power supply, the first one being the RS20A which I still have and use for my 2 meter rig. I have this hooked to a TS-130 which I am some issues with but it powers it perfectly. I prefer the Linear power supplies heavy or not. I bought this at a Hamfest last month and as expected I am pleased with it. I will be keeping this for a long time to come

N0RZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2013 14:26 Send this review to a friend
no second thoughts  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought a RS 35a new 16 years ago and have used it every day to power a 100 watt hf rig and have had zero problems.

KT4WO Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2013 09:49 Send this review to a friend
The best!  Time owned: more than 12 months
22 years running 24/7/365(except power outages).
Had to replace the 723 VReg. after a near-by lightning
hit one time(under a $1 and is socketed..so easy)

Have one at VFD running 24/7/365 for 7 years now...no issues.

Yes...they are big and heavy...but can't be beat.

Trip - KT4WO

KN4X Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2012 21:45 Send this review to a friend
Solid and Reliable  Time owned: more than 12 months
Powered HF rigs, VHF/UHF, as well as other items in the shack without a single hiccup. Worth every penny. Would buy again in a minute.

WB6ZRP Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2011 06:00 Send this review to a friend
Extremely reliable  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had it since 1972. That is almost 40 years. It has been on ever since. It has powered all my HF rigs over the years plus all my VHF/UHF rigs at the same time. Regulation is great. It is very quite and reliable. No RF problems. What else can I say, get one and keep it. I'll get another when it goes dead.

N8MRC Rating: 5/5 Jul 18, 2011 11:39 Send this review to a friend
workhorse  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought mine new 15 years ago right after I got my ticket. I've used it in the shack, at field day's, special event stations and it keeps going. I did have the switch go out on me last week, so I just hard wired it, I don't use the switch anyways

WB6ZRP Rating: 5/5 Jun 11, 2011 21:53 Send this review to a friend
Totaly reliable  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had it on since 1975, except for power outages. When power came back on I can hear the thunk! It comes on and stays on. It has powered all my 100 watt trancievers over the years along with other 12 volt equipment. Including a couple of VHF/UHF mobile trancievers, all at the same time. Voltage regulation is per spec. If it ever goes out I'd get another. It's worth every cent.

W8COP Rating: 5/5 Jun 10, 2011 17:57 Send this review to a friend
What a Beast !!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had my 35a for 15 years.I recently dropped it,and thought it was toast. It powered right up.What a great piece of gear !!!