Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | Linear Amp UK Ranger 811H Help

Reviews Summary for Linear Amp UK Ranger 811H
Linear Amp UK Ranger 811H Reviews: 16 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $UK£895.00
Description: HF Amplifier 160m - 10m

You can write your own review of the Linear Amp UK Ranger 811H.

G0LUH Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2014 10:40 Send this review to a friend
Very Good  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Hi
Brought mine 2nd hand the original owner had P Rodmill service machine replaced tubes with 572B,s other minor faults, some caused by screwdriver operators(never fix whats working)well pleased, no other issues,ease of use, no noise.

M0HDX Rating: 5/5 Feb 9, 2014 12:28 Send this review to a friend
2 year Update..GREAT  Time owned: more than 12 months
Had the Ranger 811h for approx 2 years and never had any problems at all with the amp.Only thing I replaced was four worn out 811a tubes for 572b when I first brought it second hand.The ranger is used daily and very simple to tune,It will easily produce 800 watts into my dummy load and runs cool even on RTTY with 400 watts.The fan is nice and quiet and does a great job cooling.

Second hand these amps can be found cheap and worth grabbing.

jim.

DJ0RD Rating: 1/5 Aug 25, 2012 08:35 Send this review to a friend
The One I saw could kill you  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I considered buying one, but when I opened it to look inside I saw that there was no High Voltage Interlock or High Voltage Capacitor discharge mechanism.

GW0WVL Rating: 4/5 Aug 25, 2012 02:55 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Ive had my Ranger 572 amp for over a year now, I bought it second hand of a friend, It had very little use with him, I however use it almost every day. I did have a problem on 10/15 mtrs with the input matching, I changed the caps for Mica ones and the problem was solved. Power output is very good, Into a dummyload on most bands its putting out over 1000 watts with 80-100 watts drive, At the UK limit its just ticking over.. A very nice amp.

MM0SSG Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2010 14:17 Send this review to a friend
Solid And easy to use  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Been using this amp for a couple of months now and works flawlessly. NO TVI issues and delivers 900 Watts. Solidly built and a dream to operate its just so easy , by far the best amp ive used

73's

2E1MPC Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2010 07:38 Send this review to a friend
linear amp uk ranger 811h  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Simple idiot proof amp easy to tune , super instructions < for those who need them > power as stated in manual ,

G3OZN Rating: 4/5 Oct 7, 2009 00:19 Send this review to a friend
4yr update  Time owned: more than 12 months
Now had this amp nearly 4 years,plenty of use at Uk legal limit.
An 811 went s/c and took out some printed circuit, (the resettable thermal fuse out on the rear did not cut out)I understand Paul G4KTZ is now modifying the printed circuit at this pont on the board when getting an amp in for repair.
Paul arranged collection and on completion returned the amp to me himself (he was up this way at a hamfest).
The new company sure did a good job for me, see an article in the RSGB October 2009 "RADCOM" on this new firm.

M0RNR Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2009 04:27 Send this review to a friend
Solid Workhorse  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have run an 811h since 2003 and it has never let me down. Had tubes replaced when I bought it second hand by Peter at Linear Amp, superb personal service (lets hope the new owners can match his service).

Runs UK leagal limit effortlessly,is a straightforward, no nonsence amplifier that should provide years of service.

SV8ING Rating: 1/5 Jun 4, 2009 00:57 Send this review to a friend
Not satisfied  Time owned: more than 12 months
My Ranger 811 broke down in just 18 months.The output power was reduced from 800w to about 550-600w,and at some bands even lower.Also I noticed high SWR up to 2.3 between the radio and the amp.
I sent it to the factory and the fixed it ,but even then it couldn't produce pure 800W as it did when it was new(about 750).
My other observation is that it is noisy as I compare it with the Ameritron I own.
I saw that it wasn't aligned correct (when it was new)to some of the higher bands ,but I didn't care about that as I don't operate up there.
Now it is back in its box and I use my Ameritron.

G0SVO Rating: 5/5 May 19, 2009 21:36 Send this review to a friend
Rugged  Time owned: more than 12 months
Further to my earlier review, I moved to ZL in September 2008, the linear made it, fired up first time. Production has been taken over by a company in Reading who have paired valves, and were very helpful when setting up again