Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | MacDopplerPro Help

Reviews Summary for MacDopplerPro
MacDopplerPro Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $98.
Description: Macintosh Satellite Tracking Program
More info: http://dogparksoftware.com/MacDopplerPRO.html

You can write your own review of the MacDopplerPro.

G0OAN Rating: 5/5 May 3, 2003 06:13 Send this review to a friend
Without doubt the best Mac Sat programme, period.  Time owned: more than 12 months
Over the years I've tried all the Mac based Sat programmes, some better than others. When Don first released MacDoppler I knew that I wasnít going to have to search around much longer.

Development continues a pace with new features been added all the time. Pretty impressive for a programme that's been around for I guess almost 5 years.

I can without reservation says that Donís software is well worth the investment. One of the few Shareware programmes that I happily pay the fee for and worth every penny.

KG4GSC Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2003 09:37 Send this review to a friend
Read the reviews, tried it, WORKS  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Noted the other review comments....downloaded a demo copy (straight MacDoppler, not the Pro version) and loaded it onto the old Duo 2300 that sits by the rigs (logbook). Even tho the Duo is probably less hardware than recommended, it works quite well with the FT736R comm'ing via a standard FIF232C interface (use a standard modem cable to connect to the Mac). Graphics rendering is a bit slow, but then the Duo is first generation PPC. I then tried MacDoppler Pro on my G4...even better and very fast on the (much) newer hardware.

Either program can be considered EXCELLENT. Wonderful graphics, the ease of operation makes the other programs I've tried on the PeeCee obsolete. I am VERY impressed.....heck, if I was a PC only user, I'd buy a Mac just to use this program....it is that good. DogPark will be getting a check from me to register the program. A definite keeper, deserving of a "5" rating.

VA3BJD Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2003 07:07 Send this review to a friend
A great satellite tracking program  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have been using this program for almost a year now and it is fantastic! I have used all the Windows satellite tracking programs and not one comes close to MacDoppler Pro. Rotor contol and Radio control in one package. 3D maps, voice announcements, easy to configure... I cannot say enough good things about MacDoppler Pro. Quality software, quality support and a fair price. A refreshing change.

N7WNX Rating: 5/5 Jan 29, 2003 16:36 Send this review to a friend
Best Satellite Tracking There Is  Time owned: more than 12 months
Well, I hope I'm not duplicating this category.
I searched the reviews and couldn't believe no one
had written about this gem of a program. I've been
using MacDopplerPro for 3 years now and having tried most of Windows-based satellite tracking programs, I'm very happy I own a Macintosh (and MacDopplerPro). Just load up the latest keps,
your station info, and
hook up your rig(s) (the program will control up
to three devices at once including satellite rigs, receivers, rotators, etc as long as you have enough serial ports) and you're off and running. The uplink/downlink frequencies for
almost anything you want to track are already loaded but it is easy enough to modify or add
to these through the easy-to-understand text-based
configuration files. For instance, for AO40, I
edited the transverter offsets for my particular
downconverter and was listening to the beacon
within about 15 minutes.

There is logging capability built it but now that
I also own MacLoggerDX, I run them both at once
without any problems. Once thing that might
be nice would be more interoperability between
the two programs.

The 3D map projections are worth the price of the program alone. It's amazing how much easier
it is to conceptualize what is happening
with all of the sats on your tracklist when you
see them in 3D orbiting the earth.

I could go on and on but I'm getting tired of
typing. Buy this program (and MacLoggerDX too).
You will not be sorry!

Don Agro (the author of this wonderful program as
well as the stellar MacLoggerDX) has always been there to implement bug fixes, requested enhancements, and additional device support many times within a matter our hours.