Reviews Categories | Receivers: Scanners | Uniden BC-785D Help

Reviews Summary for Uniden BC-785D
Uniden BC-785D Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $370
Description: APCO-25 Digital Ready, 1000 channel, Trucking Tracking Scanner
More info: http://www.uniden.com/product.cfm?product=BC785D

You can write your own review of the Uniden BC-785D.

N6HBJ Rating: 5/5 May 16, 2006 10:18 Send this review to a friend
Excellant!  Time owned: more than 12 months
1000 channels, 10 banks, alpha tags, PL tones, dimmer, VFO, nice looking...can't say anything bad about this!

~Mike N6HBJ

K6MTT Rating: 5/5 Jun 14, 2004 00:25 Send this review to a friend
Great mobile!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
These (along with the 780 and new 796) are still the best scanners around. Equally suited for base and mobile use, they have all the features you'd need, and are reasonably easy to use. The PC programming is a must - there are multiple programs available to do this, and the cable is nothing more than a DB-9 to DB-9 cable, available everywhere computers are sold.

I got my 785 mainly to match my 250D's band plan (this has 1000 channels, so does the 250D, but my olders 780 has only(!) 500 channels). The best feature, though, is the larger display characters. The previous reviewer didn't like it as much for this - but I think it depends how you are going to use it. The 780 has a lot to show, but I find it's really hard to read some of them (the bank indicators are tiny)in the mobile environment, so the 785 is a definite improvement there. The 780 is now the base scanner - where the display is not an issue - and it's still a great radio too.

AF4KK Rating: 4/5 May 11, 2003 15:14 Send this review to a friend
Amazing scanner!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought my Uniden BC-785D scanner and digital card at the Miami Hamfest and I've enjoyed it ever since! It operates fine as a digital scanner and is an ever better trunk-tracker than my Uniden 780 (which does a fine job as well)! I wish that the 785 showed as much on-screen data as the 780 but other than the learning curve, it's a great unit! While the scanner and APCO-25 digital card can be expensive (about $370 for the scanner at $300 for the card), it's well worth it for all those cities going digital!