Reviews Categories | Batteries & Chargers for amateur radios. | www.batteriesamerica.com Help

Reviews Summary for www.batteriesamerica.com
www.batteriesamerica.com Reviews: 58 Average rating: 3.3/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Wide selection of HT batteries and accessories. Great service. I give them a 5/5
More info: http://www.batteriesamerica.com

You can write your own review of the www.batteriesamerica.com.

W4KVW Rating: 5/5 Jul 18, 2009 14:02 Send this review to a friend
T8A PERFECTION  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I forgot to say that the Batteries America repacement battery does away with the BAD battery clip issue with the ICOM T8A TRI-BAND HT so it makes the ICOM T8A an ALMOST "PERFECT" TRI-BAND HT in my opinion.I would NOT trade it for ANY other HT that I've ever seen.The battery clip on the BP-200XL(9.6V 1450MAH)is SOLID like it SHOULD have been with the factory battery & it has EXTRA LONG LIFE even on HIGH POWER(5 watts)!

K5XS Rating: 5/5 Jul 1, 2008 10:19 Send this review to a friend
Great Batteries  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed a new pack and a AA shell for an old FT-470. Went to their web site, ordered them, and had them three days later. Price was great, fit and finish is good, and batteries are working fine. No complaints here.

OE1SOW Rating: 0/5 May 13, 2008 09:55 Send this review to a friend
the worst sh** I ever bought...  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
If there would be -10 of 5 points, I would
rate that way.
I really never bought such awful piece of...
...of...accessoir !
If thinking about to buy this one, stop thinking of it !
It isn't worth a cent !
I'm really sad about this piece of...hmmmpfff...

OE3SGU Rating: 4/5 Apr 5, 2008 10:23 Send this review to a friend
satisfied with Kenwood charger  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the EMS-42K fast charger for the Kenwood TH-F7 and the PB42XL 3600 mah battery from them. It was my first order, delivery time was about 3 weeks, which is ok but not too fast. The charger and battery are working as they should. Now the cons: The supplied power adapter is for 120 Volts only. Being European, I would prefer an adapter which is also capable of 230 Volts. No big deal, but annoying. I feed the charger with 12 Volts from a power supply and it works fine. But: Why is it necessary to reverse polarity standards on a product (minus is on the center pin!)? Again, no big deal, but annoying. I might order again from them but only more then one product because the postage was rather high also. All in all: products ok but could be improved, postage high. One last thought: The 3600 mah battery and the fast charger were about 100,-- Euro in total. A lot of money, but the original 1550 mah battery from Kenwood costs almost the same here (you US-guys and girls are really lucky with your bargain prices on Ham Radio products there....). 73 all, Hannes, OE3SGU

K6MTT Rating: 4/5 Mar 24, 2008 11:20 Send this review to a friend
They've been good  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've bought higher capacity packs for my TH-D7A(G) and an IC-T7H, both of which have worked very well. Both of the above radios are famous for lousy Ni-Cd packs, and the replacements from Batteries America work great. Both packs fit the radios perfectly, so there are no complaints there either.

I'm usually picky about shipping rates - but I don't recall specifically that it was overpriced. In any event, the price point for the substantial additional capacity was worth it.

N6PSE Rating: 5/5 Feb 2, 2008 17:11 Send this review to a friend
Excellent to deal with.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've bought hard to find cell phone batteries as well as IC-T81 batteries from them.

Good fast service. No problems.

N6VQZ Rating: 0/5 Dec 13, 2007 20:01 Send this review to a friend
poor performance  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
no shipment, phone lady has poor manners, refused to allow me to talk with supervisor. batteries america isn't what america is about.

K6SDW Rating: 5/5 Sep 18, 2007 16:44 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Most Excellent!

KD4ACG Rating: 5/5 Aug 4, 2007 13:11 Send this review to a friend
Good experience with Kenwood Products  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've made all of my purchases from their hamfest booths (Dayton twice, Orlando once). The purchases included two batteries for a Kenwood TH-D7A (one is 7.2v/1800mAh, the other is 9.6v/1450mAh), and the drop-in charger.

Both batteries are leaps and bounds better than the 9.6/600 NiCd battery that Kenwood packages with the HT--a very inadequate choice for such a robust radio. Battery life is easily 2-3 times that of the NiCd counterpart. My oldest purchase from them is the 7.2v pack, and after a year of active use, it still performs well. I purchased the 9.6 pack at Dayton to get the full 5 watts output, and it delivers that well. Both batteries were reasonably priced, with "hamfest pricing" in the 40-dollar range for each pack. As with other batteries reported here, they have the fit, feel and look of the original equipment.

The charger (model number not known at this time) is a no-nonsense drop-in charger with standard and rapid charge rates. Unlike the other aftermarket chargers I've seen, this is a "plug-in-and-go" device...no cumbersome adapter plates, no mods, no conversions needed. It charges both batteries in a reasonable time (no more than 5 hours for even the highest capacity battery from a full discharge). My only concern is the power adapter. There's nothing wrong now (and I don't expect one), but it's a 24-volt DC adapter, and should something go wrong, they may not be readily available locally to replace.

For my needs, the products are of good quality. The staff knew the products well, and answered all of my questions. I have not had any post-sale issues.

I would purchase from them again.

K2GT Rating: 4/5 Jun 15, 2007 17:26 Send this review to a friend
Good News and Bad News  Time owned: more than 12 months
The bad news....The battery I bought for my TH-F6A at Dayton last year only worked about a day before it stopped holding a charge. Too much trouble and expense to send it back from Canada, so in the junk drawer it went.
The good news...Took it with me to Dayton this year, brought it to the booth (no receipt, just the story above) and was handed a replacement. The new one is great. Score 1 for decent customer service.