Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | Paper Chasers Log by N0OKS Help

Reviews Summary for Paper Chasers Log by N0OKS
Paper Chasers Log by N0OKS Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $FREE
Description: Windows QSO logging program for DXCC, ITU & CQ Zones, WAS, WAC, Grid Squares, County Hunters, all 10 IOTA Awards and Canadian and US Islands plus more than 60 awards from all over the world and support for Geratol, CCN and OMISS Nets.

Paper Chasers' Log is now FREE. You may also download all of the source code. No support. I have given up on what I thought would be a much more popular program. No suppport is not much of a problem as there are no known errors. Mark, N0OKS
More info: http://www.fuller.net/pcl/

You can write your own review of the Paper Chasers Log by N0OKS.

W6FG Rating: 1/5 Dec 6, 2009 07:45 Send this review to a friend
Won't work with Win 7  Time owned: more than 12 months
I recently up graded to Win 7 and this program is not compatible with 64 bit; pity.

WX4US Rating: 4/5 Jul 10, 2009 17:08 Send this review to a friend
free is in my budget! I've used it for the past 600 contacts.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
As soon as I type in a call sign, I have the QRZ info on screen. Something that needs to be set up. Also, when I enter the QSO in the computer, it also adds it automaticly to my eQSL logbook. Something that also need to be setup. Further I can export the ADIF file and convert it to the .TG8 file that Log of the World needs. It has saved me a lot of time.

W6FG Rating: 2/5 Dec 13, 2007 16:49 Send this review to a friend
lacking  Time owned: more than 12 months
Not much to write home about....

VE7AXU Rating: 5/5 Jul 27, 2005 19:29 Send this review to a friend
Good Value For Money  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This program is straight forward to use and is very useful for tracking cumulative records for awards. I'm glad I switched over to using it. I highly recommend it for tracking QSOs, QSLs without too many complicated bells and whistles.

W8EFA Rating: 5/5 Sep 20, 2004 09:40 Send this review to a friend
Great Program  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is a great program. The customer service is responsive. When I changed call signs he had me the new registration software the next day.

Great program for tracking awards. Would highly recommend it as I have been using it for about 6 months now with great results

KG4VBR Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2004 21:40 Send this review to a friend
GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I gotta tell you this guy is fantastic!!He worked all day on a Sunday to fix a problem that I created.Hats off to mark!Thanks for all your help.

JOE K4XZ

KG4VBR Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2004 08:19 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great program does everything I need it to do.Easy to install and fantastic customer service!I needed to change my callsign on the program,sent an e-mail to Mark and had a response with the file needed in 1 hour.Thanks for a great product.I would recomend it to all who need an award/general log program.PCL is also inexpensive so it won't break the budget.

Joe Patrick K4XZ

W5NMX Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2003 15:33 Send this review to a friend
Best accessory program found  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
What can I say that the other reviewer's have not said! For anyone chasing "paper" it is the ultimate program. If a problem or error is found, Mark will respond in very short order to your request for a fix, and takes any suggestion for added features with a revision including the addition within a very brief time frame. Not enough can be said about his support, best in the business. My main logging program is Logic6, and it is written to where you can include many "user" info columns, but to try and do what PCL does in all it's tracking, it'd be too cumbersome and I'd spend too much time filtering and rearranging the print format. That's where PCL comes out on top, easy to use, print functions for each award already set up, no filtering, and as one other has mentioned, no need to always keep the instuction manual at your elbow! Try the demo, and send any questions to Mark. He will respond promptly.

NW2J Rating: 5/5 Jul 23, 2003 20:52 Send this review to a friend
Good Program for tracking awards.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
My first criteria in testing new software is can I use it without reading the manual. I've been using PCL for over 6 months with over 6k calls logged, (without reading the manual) and am very happy with its ease of use and capabilites. The screen is split with the top a logbook listing of calls and the bottom a detail window. Clicking on a call in the top portion brings up the details in the bottom. The bottom can be used for editing or entering new contacts. US and Candian addresses are displayed in the detail portion making QSLing and county hunting a snap.

PCL's claim to fame is tracking awards and it does this very well. You can track up to 4 awards for each contact. It can produce reports for more awards than I've ever seen in any other package. It can sort your log 16 different ways. It also can produce various types of labels.

Support is prompt and through. Mark has helped me out of several jams (did I mention I haven't read the manual?).

Try the demo version. I'm sure you'll like it.

N3JV Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2003 17:06 Send this review to a friend
Great program!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is undoubtedly the best program around for tracking awards. I have used other logging programs that did not look nearly as professional nor have the tracking features of Paper Chasers' Log. Also, the author is very receptive to making changes to the program to accomodate additional award information; I highly recommend this program!