Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | Paper Chasers Log by N0OKS Help

Reviews Summary for Paper Chasers Log by N0OKS
Paper Chasers Log by N0OKS Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $FREE
Description: Windows QSO logging program for DXCC, ITU & CQ Zones, WAS, WAC, Grid Squares, County Hunters, all 10 IOTA Awards and Canadian and US Islands plus more than 60 awards from all over the world and support for Geratol, CCN and OMISS Nets.

Paper Chasers' Log is now FREE. You may also download all of the source code. No support. I have given up on what I thought would be a much more popular program. No suppport is not much of a problem as there are no known errors. Mark, N0OKS
More info: http://www.fuller.net/pcl/

You can write your own review of the Paper Chasers Log by N0OKS.

XE1CK Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2003 22:14 Send this review to a friend
EXCELLENT LOGGER  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
FOR ME IS THE BEST LOGGER IN THE MARKET TODAY.
SUPPORTS AN INFINITY OF AWARDS AND IS VERY EASY TO USE. I TRIED THREE PROGRAMS BEFORE AND ARE VERY COMPLICATED, FOR $25 YOU HAVE THE BEST.

WB5PLJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 17, 2003 19:52 Send this review to a friend
Inspiring!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Letís see,.. I began using PCL (Paper Chasers Log) after I was invited to the GERATOL net and got going on it. Before long it became clear that having a logging program that helped to keep track of all of the various numbers and such would be a very large benefit. For those of you that donít know (not all hamís have been around for ever) the GERATOL net gives awards for collecting various numbers and such from itís members the catch is that you must keep track of what you have got in order to know what you need next. So what about the program?,..

For starters this program has reports for an unbelievable number of nets and all of their various awards. I am sure it is over one hundred at any rate too many to mention hear, check his website and see for your self. PCL also has a simple method for keeping track of all of the numbers and such, be it a GERATOL number a ten-ten number or an Elecraft K2 serial number. You name it and it has got it. It is simple and easy to use and is quite responsive even on this old computer. The reporting and such is of course the reason that you would want this program.

Now for a big plus point, and this one can only be under emphasized, support! I came up with a report idea that the program didnít already have and within a week Mark (the creator of the program) had the new report available (he hadnít even received my check for purchasing the program yet.) Actually all correspondence with Mark has been met with very prompt professional response. I could not be more impressed with his service and support, all companies could learn from him how to deal with customers. How many times have you talked with some vender or another of ham radio software and they simply respond with ďyea weíll let you know when or if we do thatĒ. Mark seemed actually pleased that I made my request, pointing out that he canít think of everything and it just helps to make his program better.

Ok what about negative points? Sure there are some things that I would change if I where in fact king of the world but for now that is only in my own head. The points are minor and insignificant to the task at hand. Some may point out that it doesnít handle contesting info or DX spotting. You got that right it doesnít. But try and keep in mind that this is a logging program for paper chasing not for contesting. So if you are a contester but have a friend that dose some paper chasing tell him about this program.

In short I use Markís program and I am a programmer! I write programs all day long and his simply fitís the bill, so why reinvent the weal? For the cheep price of $25.00 I am glad to smile and say ďThanks MarkĒÖ But donít take my word for it (or for that mater any one elseís that fills out a review) go to Markís site and download a demo copy (limited to 50 QSOís) for your self and try it out. Then get off this pesky Internet and go play radio!!!!! 73 WB5PLJ