Reviews Categories | Direction Finding equipment | K0OV Offset Attenuator Help

Reviews Summary for K0OV Offset Attenuator
K0OV Offset Attenuator Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Varies with parts cost and case
Description: This offset attenuator can be used with any VHF transceiver or scanner radio that has a removable antenna. The receiver must have sufficient frequency coverage to permit tuning it 4 MHz away from the hunt frequency.

You can write your own review of the K0OV Offset Attenuator.

W6DPS Rating: 5/5 Jul 14, 2013 23:55 Send this review to a friend
Great attenuator  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought the 2MHz assembled version, so I just had to put it in an Altoids tin and mount it on a PVC fitting to use with my homebrew antenna.

Works very well on 2M, 222, and 440.

I got the 2MHz version because the old HT I normally use has a great S-meter and receiver, but only receives in the 2M band. So I just set to 144.565 and have had no issues.
KF7GD Rating: 5/5 Nov 10, 2005 17:45 Send this review to a friend
Nice kit  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I built Marvin's version of the kit. Great kit works great, one of the best offset attenuators. I have built 4 all work fine.

WM5R Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2003 12:12 Send this review to a friend
Fun project!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've built two of these offset attenuators. The only difficult part to find is the 4MHz oscillator. Luckily, I have a Fry's in town that happens to sell them. I was able to build the offset attenuator into a small electrical junction box designed for 1/2" PVC pipe that I then attached to the end of a WB2HOL tape measure yagi. Getting it and a 9V battery to fit inside required some intricate parts placement planning, but the result was a really small attenuator that works great! No messing with slide switches, just one big knob I can tune across a continuous range with my thumb.

I see that Marvin Johnston KE6HTS now offers a semi-kit with PC board, parts, and connectors. If I were to build another one, that would be the way to go.