Reviews Categories | Filters, RF: bandpass, lowpass, highpass, RFI/EMI, etc.. | PAR SCANNER INTERMOD FILTERS Help

Reviews Summary for PAR SCANNER INTERMOD FILTERS
PAR SCANNER INTERMOD FILTERS Reviews: 33 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $74 USD
Description: These scanner filters are used to eliminate interference from high powered pagers and channel "skipping" from other frequencies. The filters are designed to eliminate specific offending frequencies.
More info: http://www.parelectronics.com/scanner.php

You can write your own review of the PAR SCANNER INTERMOD FILTERS.

MONITORNUT Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2015 16:47 Send this review to a friend
Awsome Experience!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I called PAR looking to purchase an FM Notch Filter, Dale was so kind, he assisted me in ordering a custom made FM notch for the frequencies that were the most trouble. The service and attention to detail are second to none. I would without a doubt suggest contacting PAR for all your needs, a great group to deal with. Dale was out of town and still communicated with me to ensure I received what I was looking for, it just doesn't get any better than that.

Thank you Dale for a great product as well as your attention to your customers!

KC1UA Rating: 5/5 Feb 6, 2015 19:04 Send this review to a friend
Worth EVERY penny!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
About five minutes into VHFSYM152HT post-install monitoring, I knew the money I sent Dale was well spent. My filter is placed on the input side of a Stridsberg MCA204M multicoupler sharing a Comet GP-15 antenna that is exclusively used for receive only in the VHF and UHF public safety ranges. Suffice to say this filter is kicking the offending paging system's butt! I was getting killed by a strong paging system on 152.600 which was mixing with a local NOAA weather broadcast at 162.550 and dumping out in the 165-170 MHz range on my Uniden BCD996XT. I enjoy unattended searching, logging, and audio recording using ProScan software in that band for signals and prior to this filter it was nearly impossible to do so. Problem solved! Also, looking at the signal via my Airspy SDR it is clearly significantly attenuated, no more images and aliases from it showing up on screen. Without the filter the signal peaked right at around 0 db, with the filter inline it was knocked down to the area of -40 db as advertised, and any aliases or images from it that appeared all over the FFT were gone.

I'm not sure what delayed me in buying one of these gems, but I am certainly glad I did. As mentioned elsewhere in these reviews, communication with Dale is a pleasure; questions are promptly answered in a knowledgeable and friendly manner. I have bought other items from Dale in the past and this customer friendly approach is always consistent.

I'm extremely pleased and I would not hesitate to recommend this filter to anyone having a similar problem. Talk about $$ well spent!

JOHNNYMA75 Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2015 18:57 Send this review to a friend
Product works great and good customer service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The purchase of a VHFSYM162HT scanner filter was well worth the money. I live close to a NWS tower and my regency scanner was useless from 151Mhz to 160Mhz with 162.55Mhz on every frequency. The VHFSYM162HT filter works great!!! A 134.25 frequency was overloading my bearcat scanners and the image was on 155.85Mhz. I ordered a custom filter notched at 134.25Mhz and once again the product worked very well!!! Dale makes a high quality product that works and customer service is A+++.

KC7YRA Rating: 5/5 Nov 11, 2014 16:45 Send this review to a friend
Absolutely stunning product and customer service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My review follows the many written before it.

Almost instantaneous email response, with an almost as quick diagnosis. We quickly determined that an existing Par filter design could be easily tweaked and fit my requirements.

I have a mobile digital scanner in my vehicle. Whenever I transmit on an adjacent VHF ham radio, it completely wipes out not only the VHF public safety stuff, but also the 800mhz digital traffic.

Par built me up a filter with the specific connectors I needed and shipped it out in a couple days.

I just got the filter and WOW!! What an excellent product. It comes in a well built enclosure perfect for the mobile environment.

I can now use the ham rig while using the scanner.

Excellent service and product.

WILL12943 Rating: 5/5 Mar 28, 2014 09:33 Send this review to a friend
152mhz and 158mhz  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great Job over there at Par. My intermod is gone from 152.48mhz and 157.74 MHz perfect tuning and im able to receive in the 151-152 range and 153-156.5 range where I had nothing but intermod pager sounds.. Par tuned these right on the money...
I highly recommend both the VHFSYM152HT AND THE VHFSYM158HT... these have cut out 2 of my 3 offending frequencies completely... I will be buying their FM trap to kill out a local fm broadcast station for npr in the very near future.
Thanks also for the 20 or so emails back and forth with all the help.. Will recommend...

KCREDEYE Rating: 5/5 Dec 10, 2013 09:35 Send this review to a friend
PAR SCANNER INTERMOD FILTER  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After years of inactivity, I decided to dust off a couple old scanners, and plug them in. Not finding a lot of clear activity, I installed a Diamond Discone Antenna atop a pushup pole ( put it about 35 feet up); only to discover that my ole scanner was picking up a NOAA weather broadcast that is transmitting just a mile or so from me on almost every frequency I programmed. In attempting to determine the reason for this I turned to the internet.

It was within that research that I found Eham.net and the positive reviews on Dale Parfitt and his company, Par Electronics. Hoping Iíd correctly identified my problem, I sent them and e-mail explaining it; to which I got a very prompt and polite reply indicating they could build a SCANNER INTERMOD FILTER that would likely remedy my problem. I ordered said filter, and within a few days received a very well built filter, that instantly solved my issue! I highly recommend this company and their products, and will certainly keep them in mind for any amateur radio/scanner needs in the future!

KD7HGK Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2013 10:53 Send this review to a friend
VHF SYM 162HT scanner filter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got the filter a few minutes ago. It works wonders. I'm no longer hearing NOAA weather radio (I'm 4 miles from the kilowatt transmitter) in the aircraft band, 2 meter band, or the 150MHz public safety portion. THANK YOU!. 162.475 is attenuated very nicely, it's still quite readable on it's own frequency and it doesn't bleed over to 162.450 full strength (I have to turn my squelch all the way down now to hear it on .450) anymore. The filter is very well constructed and was packaged well. I ordered it on Sunday, December 30th, 2012 and received it today, 1/3/2013. Fast shipping. No issues with Paypal. I would definitely do business with W4OP and PAR Electronics in the future.

Sincerely,

Jonathan A. Smith, KD7HGK

F6DEX Rating: 5/5 Sep 16, 2012 08:36 Send this review to a friend
Well done  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered this filter after a mitigate result just above 120MHz with an other brand. This filter is much better : less IMD or phase noise and more signal. + nice and solid built and certainly precisely tuned. Thank you !

HAMPSHIRE Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2012 06:47 Send this review to a friend
VHFTN152-156 U.K. Pager Filter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Iíve had an interest in recording NOAA low resolution APT weather satellite images for a number of years now and results have steadily improved as my knowledge has increased.
Starting with a Uniden scanner, wideband antenna and WXtoImg software I now have a dedicated receiver, an R2ZX. Building homemade right hand circular polarized antennas has helped in the reduction of pager interference and other anomalies. The receiver has two RF input ports, 30KHz IF bandwidth and strong filtering to combat the Pager frequencies that plague the UK enthusiasts.
One of the main problems with this hobby is the requirement to record up to a fifteen minute transmission with as little noise or interference as possible in an urban family home. Any imperfections in the received signal will be evident in the resultant image. The software can certainly help reduce or clean the image but at the cost of image detail and duration.
Investigating the many sources of interference, I decided to look deeper into pager interference. I hooked up the Uniden scanner to one of the RHCP antennas and scanned 150-160 MHz range. It didnít take long to identify the extremely strong frequencies and the variance of tones heard. I then compared these tones when listening to the NOAA satellites in the 137-138 MHz range. It was clear that the pager signals were completely swamping the satellite signal.
The filter in the R2ZX was just shy of rejecting the problem frequencies at my QTH, in my case 153.325 MHz. It is possible that the built-in filter was designed to cover a wider frequency range at the cost of lower rejection. So this is where I decided to make improvement.
The answer came from PAR Electronics in the form of a model VHFTN152-156 U.K. Pager Filter. Two weeks later the unit arrived and was fitted to the external mast mounted QFH Antenna. At this time I was very familiar with the current duration and image quality expected from my system and was very impressed with the improvement with the filter in line.
But the story does not end here. My receiver has two RF input ports, and with the diversity feature enabled, will sample each port in real time and record the best signal. The loft mounted RHCP Double Cross Antenna (DCA) was still an avenue for the pager interference to worm its way into the recording. Well you might never have guessed another filter was required. An email chat with an extremely helpful chap known as Dale ensued but this time round, the required pass band and targeted notch frequencies were detailed.
One week later, Dale had built the filter to my requirements and I was amazed at the tuning plot he achieved. The pass and rejection specifications were outstanding. I have never seen my system produce such pleasing results in both duration and clarity. Even the portions of the images where the satellite is low in altitude have greater detail and less noise. I would say that the pager problems have now cleared and time can be utilized on other improvements.

HAMPSHIRE Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2012 06:30 Send this review to a friend
VHFTN152-156 U.K. Pager Filter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I would like to repeat thanks to Dale in this review, he builds a very professional, high quality products and the service he provides is outstanding. One very pleased customer here. www.abhinton.co.uk/Weather.html