Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | KK7TV Communications Help

Reviews Summary for KK7TV Communications
KK7TV  Communications Reviews: 40 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $80.USD/Hr
Description: Factory Authorized Repair of, YAESU,KENWOOD,ICOM,ALINCO

NOTE: No longer repairing ham radio gear.

More info: http://www.kk7tv.com

You can write your own review of the KK7TV Communications.

KW4CQ Rating: 5/5 Feb 14, 2005 10:05 Send this review to a friend
Professional, responsive and courteous service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently encountered a number of PTT and control problems with my brand new ICOM IC-7800 transceiver, which I have interconnected to my Emtron linear amplifier. I knew Randy KK7TV had recently acquired a new 7800 so I sent him an email asking if he could shed some light on my problems. Randy responded immeiately by calling me on the phone and very patiently walking me through several trouble shooting scenarios which ultimately solved all my problems. (The problems were mine and not the radio!. Randy's reputation for technical excellence, specialized product knowledge, and especially the personal touch he devotes to his customers is unequaled in the amateur equipment service and repair business these days. Randy will always be my first choice for any service I may need in the future. Bravo Randy! Keep up the great work.

N7GJ Rating: 5/5 Feb 11, 2005 19:17 Send this review to a friend
Great job  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had a problem with the VCO unlocking on my Icom. KK7TV found the problem quickly and fixed it at a reasonable cost. Thanks. Gary N7GJ

KE8YN Rating: 5/5 Feb 3, 2005 06:05 Send this review to a friend
Kenwood TH-79A  Time owned: more than 12 months
My faithful HT began to have display problems but mainly as an intermittent. I sent it to Randy, but like many intermittents, it came back. Randy sent a UPS label and had it fixed and back to me in a matter of days. It now works like new! Would recommend Randy for any repair problems.

K7JQ Rating: 5/5 Feb 2, 2005 16:10 Send this review to a friend
Helpful, honest  Time owned: more than 12 months
I called Randy here in the Phoenix, Az area about a possible problem with the ALC on my IC-746PRO. Rather than have me bring it in for a chargable repair, he offered solutions over the phone, which I followed. It turned out not to be a problem, just a quirk of Icom radios under certain conditions. His honesty and time to help over the phone and e-mail won me over. Any subsequent REAL problems will be turned over to him for repair.

K6ZSR Rating: 5/5 Feb 1, 2005 21:16 Send this review to a friend
Good Guy !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have never sent in a rig for repair to Randy but I can tell you that a few years back, I had a problem TS-940S I was trying to fix for an old timer. Randy worked me through the problems over the phone and suggested what to look for. This resulted in me fixing the rig and giving it back to my friend. Randy charged me nothing for his time. I feel that Randy is very qualified as a repairman. Randy has a sense of humor that you will take you a while to understand....Once you do ... you will know him as a nice person

K7ZD Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2005 22:02 Send this review to a friend
Fair & Square!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Always has given me great service, especially when I had no backup rig. Rig always works great and looks cleaner than when I brought it in for servicing.

AA8RV Rating: 5/5 Jan 25, 2005 15:26 Send this review to a friend
Patient  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought a Kenwood 950 from Ham Radio Outlet in Phoenix in 1999. They suggested Randy at KK7TV to check it out for me if I preferred. I called Randy and he went to HRO, picked it up, and checked it out for me. Since then, I've nagged Randy with all sorts of rig related questions. The last question being today, 01-25-05. In all the times that I've emailed him or called he's bent over backward to help and point me in the right technical direction. He always took the time to email back with a reply within the day that I asked; he could be a millionaire just from all the questions that I asked. Thanks Randy. Plus he's been always right in his diagnosis of my rig's trouble; even from my feeble layman's explaination via email.

WA7HJV Rating: 5/5 Jan 6, 2005 18:58 Send this review to a friend
TM-732A Repair  Time owned: more than 12 months
I shipped my 732A to KK7TV to get repaired after I transmitted on UHF with no antenn and fried the final among other things.
They did a great job repairing the unit and kept in touch via email.
They also helped me over the phone with an additional problem I had after I got the rig back.
Randy and Dave were both very helpful.

AA7A Rating: 5/5 Dec 24, 2004 07:33 Send this review to a friend
Prompt radio service  Time owned: more than 12 months
Randy runs a great repair shop! I usually fix my own stuff but ran into a wall on my IC-756Pro. Randy's team isolated and repaired the problem in a day. I am happy to have them available to help me keep the station in running order.

K3GG Rating: 5/5 Dec 18, 2004 14:08 Send this review to a friend
Better than great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I decided to pull my 30 year old Atlas 215x out of the garage where it had been sitting for 25 years since it stopped working. This was my first radio in the 70s. I sent it to Randy and he found poor connections all through the radio plus a burned out choke. When he sent it back, it looked like it had just come out of the box. It now puts my Icom 735 to shame. His charge was more than fair. I highly recommend KK7TV repair to everyone. Thanks, Randy