Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | AmpKeyer Interface Help

Reviews Summary for AmpKeyer Interface
AmpKeyer Interface Reviews: 47 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $49.95
Description: Use your new rig to key an old linear amplifier. Many older linear amps require a higher contact voltage and current rating to key an amp than is built into the newer rigs. This device solves that problem.
More info: http://www.theheathkitshop.com/page13/_ampkeyer.html

You can write your own review of the AmpKeyer Interface.

W2PRJ Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2013 16:25 Send this review to a friend
excelent product.!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I went to reomend the ampkeyer and realized I forgot to write a review well it has Worked flawlessly for 5+ Years on my Heathkit Sb 200 And My Kenwood TL 922 ,,It works Great With any Radio I choose,, A Great product, And Mike At The Heathkit Shop has helped me with other problems with my heathkit 301 & 401 He always answers the phone with a cheerfull manner even when he's not feeling well.(Great Product,Great service Fair price

W8JHA Rating: 5/5 Feb 17, 2013 03:36 Send this review to a friend
Excellent device  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The AmpKeyer Interface is a well designed unit and a credit to Mike's technical skills. I use the unit to interface a Drake 2NT with a Drake L4B using a Y-cable at the output of the 2NT's VFO Key port. The other side of the Y-cable connects directly to a HA5 VFO. This is a great way to isolate the VFO from the L4B.

N6WIN Rating: 5/5 Jun 16, 2011 09:14 Send this review to a friend
Works great  Time owned: more than 12 months
Used it to connect my FT2000 with my SB 220 and SB 221. It worked excellent and is now in good hands with a fellow SCCC member using an FT1000D and SB220.

N5RP Rating: 5/5 Apr 8, 2010 13:48 Send this review to a friend
Great !!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Shipped to me quickly. A very nice product for safe interface to an amplifier keying circuit. Can even be used for FSK and PSK keying, would you believe.

K9ZW Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2010 03:52 Send this review to a friend
Solid Performer, Quiet Guardian  Time owned: more than 12 months
This station accessory has been a huge value in my very compact desktop "shack" as I have switch in & out various amps and transceivers.

Solid isolation has made this small box a "Quiet Guardian" including dealing with some specific issues I created by packing everything together.

While currently not a required interface between my daily setup of an Alpha and a Flex-Radio, it is very inexpensive insurance.

Recommended!

I wrote about the unit "Switching With Authority The AmpKeyer HF Transceiver/Amplifier Interface" http://k9zw.wordpress.com/2007/03/13/switching-with-authority-the-ampkeyer-hf-transceiveramplifier-interface/
three years ago and Mike WB8VGE AmpKeyer has served me well since!

W9JH Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2009 09:28 Send this review to a friend
Quality product!  Time owned: more than 12 months
A quality product that performs as advertised and is a great value. I use one between a ProIII and a 30L-1. It works like a champ. I really like the Standby feature so I dont have to turn the power switch off at the amp when wanting to run barefoot but still keep the amp powered up.

73, Jack W9JH

N8ERM Rating: 5/5 Mar 29, 2009 12:43 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I now have three of the interfaces. Have a problem with the instructions, go to school. Don't like the fact that all the cables are not included, buy another brand of interface. The Heath kit Shop tells you exactly what your getting so why whine later. Mike, I will continue buying your products because they are the best. The customer service is outstanding.

K3CN Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2009 18:57 Send this review to a friend
Very fine unit  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this interface for connecting my Ameritrom Al80A to the Kenwood TS 870. I found the instructions to be confusing so sent Mike an email. I got my response within 2 hours. Great service.
I use the MOSFET out to the amp. used a stereo cable to power the interface from the 12v connection on the amp and relay to the amp. Works for me without problems. Great insurance when using older amps with new tranceivers.

WA5RR Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2009 08:21 Send this review to a friend
Great Little Box  Time owned: more than 12 months
I first saw this little amp keyer interface while operating another ham's station. After doing a little web research I decided to buy one myself.

Very well built and it is powered by my amp's 12-vdc accessory plug. Too easy!

AA4UC Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2009 05:38 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Little Device  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
What more can be said about this well made interface. Customer Service was also outstanding. I use it to key my Heathkit SB-200 with my Yeasu FT-1000MP. I purchased this device rather than install the Harbach mod since the Ampkeyer can be used with any future amplifier I might purchase. If I could give it a 6 I would.