Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | AmpKeyer Interface Help

Reviews Summary for AmpKeyer Interface
AmpKeyer Interface Reviews: 47 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $49.95
Description: Use your new rig to key an old linear amplifier. Many older linear amps require a higher contact voltage and current rating to key an amp than is built into the newer rigs. This device solves that problem.
More info: http://www.theheathkitshop.com/page13/_ampkeyer.html

You can write your own review of the AmpKeyer Interface.

WB7TXG Rating: 5/5 Dec 29, 2008 19:06 Send this review to a friend
Great Product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Super fast email response when I placed the order. Received email stating the item had been high demand. None were in stock but being made. I received mine in about 7 days with an email prior stating the item was shipped along with other parts I ordered.

It works, and works great! Small footprint, low current requirement. My newer radios are protected as well as my older ones and I like th standby feature.

If you need a buffer (interface) between your old style amp ( like my SB221 ) then get this. It will save your new radio as well as protect your vintage gear.

W9LVM Rating: 5/5 Aug 19, 2008 11:04 Send this review to a friend
Good Product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Saw one who gave it a 3! If you got it from MFJ or any one you would not get a power connector! Needed a interface for my FT-1000MP and SB-200 and this is the BEST unit I have seen!

N3AHC Rating: 5/5 Jun 25, 2008 14:08 Send this review to a friend
Great relay interface  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had this little box for about 10 weeks and it works fantastic. I read about it here on eham and had to have one. I emailed the Heathkit guy and placed an order. About a week later it showed up. It's about the same price as the one Ameritron makes. The best part is it's cute as hell with the little LED lights. I'm using it with a Yaesu FT-450 into a Ameritron AL80B. The interface cable came from the CWMan on ebay. He sells ready made cables for most Transceivers, just plug and play.

DL8RDL Rating: 5/5 May 28, 2008 19:25 Send this review to a friend
Perfect! Plug and Play!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Hi from Germany!

The time came to use a Yaesu FL2100Z with my FT100. I thought: just connect them and off we go. But FT100 wasn´t able to switch the FL2100Z. I found the AmpKeyer in the net, bought it and NOW it worked! Just connecting and off it went!

I like the AmpKeyer - it works easy and reliable as it can be!

Greetings,
Lenz, DL8RDL

W3TUA Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2008 05:26 Send this review to a friend
A Gem  Time owned: more than 12 months
I first used one at another ham's shack. It's cheap insurance when it comes to protecting the keying circuit on my Icom Pro3.

Very well-built and easy to use. Get one!

WN9D Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2008 04:40 Send this review to a friend
Great Product  Time owned: more than 12 months
Great product, well worth the money, fine craftsmanship and construction, nice appearance. A power ON-OFF switch would be nice. I may add one myself.

Randall WN9D

N8ERM Rating: 5/5 Nov 27, 2007 20:34 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: more than 12 months
As with everything from the HeathKit shop it is PERFECT.

KE5ITU Rating: 5/5 Sep 28, 2007 07:12 Send this review to a friend
Awesome  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just got it hooked up....works great. The thing that I am more impressed with...the service. WB8VGE hand built this thing and got it out to me the same day. THAT is unbelievable! He really goes the extra mile for his customers.

That said, I will do business with this guy anytime. The piece is great, love the standby switch...has multiple options for powering up....can be used with remote key switch. Great product!

WB5CYS Rating: 3/5 Sep 18, 2007 10:14 Send this review to a friend
Great product - but .....  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I hate to be the one to ruin the perfect rating for this product. It is a well designed product that does exactly what advertises. I would readily give it a 5 rating myself except for the fact that I think it is ridiculous for a product such as this that costs $50 to omit a necessary power connector pig-tail that would cost no more that 25 cents. I hate having to scrounge around for parts to complete a new product and make it functional, especially when there is no conceivable reason for the ommission.

N7BFK Rating: 5/5 Jul 20, 2007 01:33 Send this review to a friend
Love it.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought my AmpKeyer to interface my Kenwood TS-2000 and a Heathkit SB-200. It does exactly what it was made for. Great construction and easy to use. 73, Thomas N7BFK