Reviews Categories | Microphones | Heil / Ten-Tec Studio One Help

Reviews Summary for Heil / Ten-Tec Studio One
Heil / Ten-Tec Studio One Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $129.95
Description: STUDIO ONE is a cardioid type full-range microphone with internal breath blast filters. The full range element exhibits a wide frequency response of 50 Hz through 14 kHz. Element response is tailored specifically for full-range SSB, AM, and FM, requiring a flat response over a very wide frequency range but with a nice balance of highs and lows. Its wide frequency response features a +6 dB midrange boost providing that all important speech articulation and a nice +2 dB rise at 110 Hz. This high quality microphone element produces a very smooth, live sound for SSB. The output impedance of STUDIO ONE is 600 ohms @ 1000 Hz.
More info: http://www.tentec.com/studio1.htm

You can write your own review of the Heil / Ten-Tec Studio One.

AC2Q Rating: 4/5 Feb 13, 2011 05:23 Send this review to a friend
GREAT Mic, lousy paint =0)  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Wonderful Microphone, great reports from all I talk to, but you can forget about keeping it painted, flaky flaky, flaky.

KZ5I Rating: 5/5 Aug 29, 2005 22:07 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Mic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I use a Ten Tec Studio One with my Omni VI/Opt1 and it performs well.

The mic provides good punch and is very well made.

I received good support from Bob Heil.

KJ4DX Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2003 19:01 Send this review to a friend
Smooth, hi-fidelity sound, great looks.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received this microphone in December 2002. It replaced my old D-104, into which I had put an HC-4 and an HC-5 element into, switchable. That being said, I was no stranger to Heil performance and reliability. The new Studio One seems to cast a new benchmark for amateur radio microphones, by leaning more towards the high-end audio types who are looking to put out more of a broadcast-sounding signal. This microphone does that, in spades. I have received more compliments on my audio than I have ever received--this from a Ten-Tec Omni V, which is a great rig but still pretty limited on internal TX bandwidth.
Bottom Line: Definite Keeper.