Reviews Categories | Antenna Switching, Phasing, Controllers | Diamond CX-210 Coaxial Switch Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond CX-210 Coaxial Switch
Diamond CX-210 Coaxial Switch Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $45
Description: Coaxial cable antenna selector switch for use from DC
to VHF.
More info: http://www.rfparts.com/diamond/index.html

You can write your own review of the Diamond CX-210 Coaxial Switch.

VK8FNCY Rating: 2/5 Oct 27, 2010 04:21 Send this review to a friend
2 out of 5  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had a similar issue to N7ZF. My switch just didn't work so I opened it up and noticed the gold metal strap had not been placed where its supposed to be (between the actual switch two plastic vertical holders) therefore; when flicking the switch the gold strap did nothing! Its meant to move from one contact point to the other. The fault could only have happened during manufacture as there is NO way the strap can pop out of the vertical holders with the back cover on.

If anyone else has this issue simply open it up and have a look as it might be a simple fix. Since having placed the strap between the plastic holders the switch has worked fine. I'm giving it a two only because this kind of defect really shouldn't occur especially for the price you pay! Otherwise I would have probably given it a 4.

K6IOU Rating: 4/5 Oct 25, 2010 08:20 Send this review to a friend
Just like the previous  Time owned: more than 12 months
poster reported, mine failed to make contact on one side when new. I took it apart and noticed also that the SO-239 would rotate slightly throwing the moving contact out of alignment.

I centered the SO-239, verified that the switch made contact on both sides, then puddled epoxy glue on the inside to keep it there. Has worked flawlessly ever since.

On the one hand it deserves a "0" for the problem noted above. But I think the quality of components rates a "5". Don't ask how that averages to a "4". I just really like the switch now that it performs as it should have from the factory. They really need to address the 'fit' of the SO-239 in the housing.

N7ZF Rating: 2/5 Oct 23, 2010 19:46 Send this review to a friend
Failed after light use  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought a new switch a few years ago. I used it 90% of the time with my antenna analyzer, and recently started using it with a 100W dummy load. Recently it seemed to be blocking any signals from going through. I finally removed the back plate and saw the problem. There is a metal strap (appears to be gold-plated) that toggles between two contact posts. The strap is attached to the center conductor of the common connector, but the insulator of that connector had turned so the strap was bent out of shape and touching the metal case. Apparently attaching a cable to the common connector had caused the insulator (and center pin) to twist. I am going to try to superglue the insulator so that it cannot rotate but most likely this switch is history. BTW, I do agree with the other reviewers that the switch has a very solid construction feel to it, but I seem to have found its weak point.

KD0TRG Rating: 5/5 Jun 6, 2009 21:10 Send this review to a friend
Great Switch  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is a great switch, high quality and precise. I am using the switch between my radio and the antenna analyzer since I use a screwdriver antenna for my base.

VK5FDMR Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2007 16:44 Send this review to a friend
Strong and solid  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi Everyone,

I am very happy with my Diamond CX-210 Coax switch. It has performed with out fault and I wish I had one long before I ended up buying this model. It has a strong and solid feel about it. The switching is precise and smooth and the unit is of high quality.

I would recomend this switch.

Best 73 de Dave VK5FDMR

VK3MDD Rating: 5/5 Sep 27, 2006 06:16 Send this review to a friend
better feel than cs201  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
quality,and has performed perfectly albeit just 6 months old

W1HNX Rating: 5/5 Aug 31, 2006 21:17 Send this review to a friend
A very solid switch!!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
A well built 2 position coax switch, and heavy for it's size. It gives a nice solid click and the back is enclosed to keep fingers, dust and shack spiders out. Yes, "shack spiders"!! Diamond Antenna switches get my vote.

73's Jim

N0WF Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2006 19:23 Send this review to a friend
You won't be sorry  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have both the CX-210A with SO-239 connectors and the CX-210N with N connectors, first rate quality construction on both. Heavy weight, great tactile feel, 0.05db claimed loss DC-500mhz, max power rating of 500W CW at 500mhz. I know of no other comparable switch at this price level, you won't be sorry for buying this product. 73

W8KQE Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2006 09:42 Send this review to a friend
The 'Lexus' of antenna switches!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a very reliable, solidly constructed, weighty 2-position antenna switch that reeks quality. It costs a little more than a 'Daiwa' and most other similar switches, but is well worth the cost. In fact, it has outlasted my 'Daiwa' 2-position switch, and has a little less loss on paper. In addition, whereas the 'Daiwa' and several other commercial switches aren't rated for frequencies higher than HF, the CX-210 is rated up to 1000 MHz! All in all, one of the BEST antenna switches on the market.

KU4UV Rating: 5/5 May 27, 2005 09:00 Send this review to a friend
Solid Switch  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
This is one solid antenna switch. The switch is sturdy and well built. I haven't had more than 100 Watts of RF through it yet, bet I'm sure it can handle a lot more. The switch is pretty heavy, so it doesn't slide around on the operating bench, and the switch has a tactile feel to it. You can hear the switch "click" into place, so you know it's locked on the selected antenna. I can't wait to use this thing for Field Day this year. I plan on feeding two antennas with this switch. If you are in the market for a good quality antenna switch, spend the extra few bucks and go with the Diamond, I don't think you'll be disappointed.