Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Mosley mini 33 tri bander 10,15,20 meters Help

Reviews Summary for Mosley mini 33 tri bander 10,15,20 meters
Mosley mini 33 tri bander 10,15,20 meters Reviews: 16 Average rating: 3.6/5 MSRP: $450.00
Description: Mini-33
More info: http://www.mosley-electronics.com

You can write your own review of the Mosley mini 33 tri bander 10,15,20 meters.

KG6GOA Rating: 4/5 May 1, 2002 00:27 Send this review to a friend
very good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
just put up a mini 33a with warc bands . works great and no problems. great signal reports. did a lot of testing against my dipole and 4 to 5 s units difference. just a nice little ant that works>>>>>>>>

KF6A Rating: 0/5 Mar 9, 2001 00:51 Send this review to a friend
Headache again  Time owned: more than 12 months
I didn't expect full size performance and I'm sure the other Ham's who purchaced this antenna didn't either. I just want to say that my homebrew 3 element 10m beam, which I designed on my PC using Yagimax, totally annihilates the Mini-33. I corresponded with mosley via USPS before I purchased this antenna and they assured me it would perform close to my homebrew 10m beam. This was important to me as I wanted to step UP not DOWN in performance. Needless to say it performs worse than a dipole, but it does have the pattern of a dipole.

KJ1R Rating: 5/5 Sep 2, 2000 21:57 Send this review to a friend
Rain & SWR do get along!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Update on the antenna .. Rain on and off here for the past couple of days, and NO noticeable change in SWR, still rock solid performance. Will post within the next fews days or so the gain & F/B performance of this beam. What I forget to mention on this antennain my previous posting was that Mosley made some minor modifications to this antenna, and their calling it Mini-33a. Just thought I would mention.

WB8YQJ Rating: 2/5 Sep 1, 2000 11:30 Send this review to a friend
Headache on a pole  Time owned: more than 12 months
Hi Guys,

I ordered and installed a Mosley Mini 33 last year. In summary, it failed to outperform my ground mounted GAP Eagle, or my G5RV at 25 feet.

I paid just short of $400 for this antenna.

Installed as directed by Mosley, the reflector and director have a 90% chance of *NOT* grounding to the boom. This makes the SWR a very nice (1 to 1) on 10, 15, and 20 meters but those elements become *ornamental*. ;-)

If you ground those elements (check with Ohm meter), you *can* see some front to side attenuation (15-20 db), however it is a very sharp null and the front to back is non-existent. In addition, the SWR then becomes exceedingly tricky, and the length of the feedline affects the SWR dramatically. Yep, this antenna is LOADED with reactance. I have been told that others have worked around this by switching in (or out) patch cables, selecting the length that works best for the band you are using. Expect a 2 to 1 SWR. I've been told that this antenna doesn't like over 100 watts - and believe it. It took mine down (want it? !) because I don't have to rotate my GAP Eagle, it loads nicely on 6 bands, it's even less visible, and gives up no forward gain to the Mini 33.

Mini-beams, well they look like yagis, but yagis work beacause of some very subtle effects. If you reduce the physical size of a yagi by 50%, not only do you lose the performance of the yagi, but you get a whole new bag of problems. My Butternut HF5B was very similar in all of the above respects, but it was an incredibly efficient DX antenna - no traps to eat your RF and I was doing 40 milliwatts.

Your milage may vary - the Mosley Mini 33 was quite a perspective enhancing experience for me! 73, de WB8YQJ/6

9K2SH Rating: 3/5 Dec 1, 1999 01:55 Send this review to a friend
Stay away from Mosley if you know whats best for y  Time owned: unknown months
I bought a TA 33 Jr-N-W in 1993 which is a mini 4 elemnt beam for the main three bands plus 17/12m. Due to my job overseas, I didn't open the package until August 1999. When I did, I found that all the screws and insulators are missing!!! No problem I thought, I would call Mosley and requist there assistance. I started to send faxs, e mails and even made my state side friends call Mosley themselves to no avail. I recieved the manual and the price list just a month ago and that was sent to an address in Wash. DC.
The customer service does not exis at Mosley and to buy an antenna now from them is realy a big mistake. There antannas are heavy and its not worth it and antennas like force 12 are much better and lighter and fun to put together.

WA2ODO Rating: 0/5 Nov 30, 1999 19:51 Send this review to a friend
MOSLEY MINI-32 10,15,20  Time owned: unknown months
This antenna is no where near the advertizement specifications that MOSLEY has. It's SWR curves are so bad that the rig (IC-781) won't tune it. Mosley states that it is because of the artificial ground of the roof 8'below it (8 pitch roof) and the proximity of a 17 foot 2 meter K1FO antenna. Their answer was to use an antenna tuner with the antenna. I hate bandaids. If a tuner was needed why didn't they supply one. They were also not too nice or helpful on the phone. They say the antenna works as spec'd when it is tested under ideal conditions on an antenna range ... I wish I had that fictious range. But then I wouldn't have needed a MINI beam. Stay away from this company !!!!!!