Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | Centaur B11W10-50 Help

Reviews Summary for Centaur B11W10-50
Centaur B11W10-50 Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $60
Description: 1:1 Balun
More info: http://www.baluns.com/index.shtml

You can write your own review of the Centaur B11W10-50.

AE6JN Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2008 19:49 Send this review to a friend
Best Balun By Far!  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is without a doubt one of the best baluns ever made, if not THE best. I bought my first unit about 8 years ago. I've been running 600W through it for years. Performance is great. I was lucky enough to find one of the last new units available for sale at Burghardt's and snatched it up. If you can find one of these do not hesitate to grab it. I have two of these on opposing inverted V's and constantly get great reports. Highly recommended!

K3MGC Rating: 5/5 Jul 5, 2007 12:54 Send this review to a friend
fantastic  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used baluns all my life either for dipole or beam antennas. Coaxial baluns were used extensively on my Telrex beams and they worked great. When a hurricane did a number on my beams I had to get rid of them. I tried saving the baluns, but over the years I lost track of them. After that experience I went back to using good ol' dipoles. When looking around for a balun I was intrigued by the Centaur ones and decided to try one. As we all know ham radio equipment is made cheap, and the cheaper the better, but not for us hams. Boy was I surprised when I received my balun. Top drawer, top notch, the highest quality. For around 10 years I pumped the legal limit into that balun on 20 meters and it never got warm. I took several very close by lightning hits during the time I've owned that balun and it stayed up in the air and laughed at me. I am still using that balun and another one that I purchased shortly after the first. Unfortunatly, as with many outstanding products made for ham radio, Centaur went out of business. If you own one of these baluns don't get rid of it, just pack it away and save it, you might need it in the future.

PY1BR Rating: 5/5 Mar 31, 2005 16:19 Send this review to a friend
Awsome  Time owned: more than 12 months
Itís definitely the best Balun today. I am using it with full power and it works just great. Its appearance looks like a military stuff. Highly recommended.

KE4IZA Rating: 5/5 Mar 5, 2003 07:17 Send this review to a friend
BUILT LIKE A TANK  Time owned: 0 to 3 months

The Centaur B11W10-50 balun is well worth the $60 it cost. The body is heavy duty ABS plastic. The hanger rings, wire terminals and wing nuts are all stainless steel. There are drain holes so water wil not backup in the unit if used outside. I use this balun in my apartment with 2 slinkys. The slinky dipole works like a champ.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED