Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Yaesu FC-30 Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu FC-30
Yaesu FC-30 Reviews: 39 Average rating: 3.2/5 MSRP: $200.00
Description: Matching Tuner for FT897 - mounts on the side of the FT897

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FC-30.

LU5DDX Rating: 5/5 Aug 7, 2009 17:41 Send this review to a friend
mas de lo esperado  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
yo muchas veces dudo de comprar algun elemento de radio por algunos review y este es el caso mas grande para mi..
si usted lee el puntaje de este at piensa que es dinero tirado .. bueno yo pensaba lo mismo pero lo campre igual y que sorpresa !!!
el at anda de maravilla ajusta igual que cualquier at de los que vienen incluido en los equipos .. ni mas ni menos .. este at les recuerdo que no es para una long-wire no !! es para dipolos , yaguis , antenas balanceadas y cuya resonancia este al menos cerca de la frecuencia de trabajo .. par ser mas graficos mi V invertida de 20mts es sintonizada en 10 -15-6 sin problemas no lo hace en 80mts .. ahora puedo trabajar en en 80 mts con esa antena ??? no !!! ni en 15 mts tampoco pero la ajusta !!!
es rapido y ajusta una yagui con 3.5.a 1 sin problema .. son puntos de vista aca mismo le dan 5/5 a un ten-tec omniVI plus y les aseguro que un ts-440 es una nave espacial comparado ..
para gusto pintan colores !!!! saludos jorge

EI3GRB Rating: 5/5 May 31, 2009 13:45 Send this review to a friend
does what it says on the box.  Time owned: more than 12 months
after testing this little baby for the last months,

tucked away under the dash of my 4X4 (out of sight out of mind)

the tuner does what yaesu claims .... no more no less

i use mono band whips on my mobile & the FC 30 allows me to jump from 1 end of the band to the other with no fuss.

people who bought this for tuning wire aerials etc.,obviously did not bother to check the specs. before hand, & bought blindly.

would have no hesitation buying another 1 if needed.

M0ARM Rating: 4/5 Sep 8, 2008 05:45 Send this review to a friend
Does what it says on the tin!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
For me this tuner works fine (HF/6M dipoles, halos, verticals etc.) and as per specification and caveats from the manual - a bit pricey, a bit noisy but I'm more than happy with it to-date!

Les, M0ARM

W6GQ Rating: 0/5 Aug 2, 2008 09:06 Send this review to a friend
NON TUNER  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Well I bought mine thinking these reviews were not accurate because I did see some good ratings.

NOPE I WAS WRONG.

Go ahead and believe these guys that give more than one review on the same item to pump up the feedback rating, you too will be selling your FC-30 on Ebay.

Sure it will tune a slight mismatch on a CP-6, try taking that CP-6 back packing with you!

I sold mine because I go backpack with my 897D and I need a PORTABLE antenna, like a wire. This tuner WILL NOT tune a wire.

LDG IS FOR ME

PE1RLN Rating: 5/5 Apr 2, 2008 06:03 Send this review to a friend
Works great with decent antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
This tuner was made for antennas with a VSWR of 1:3 maximum. If your antenna is worse, you should consider another antenna...
I use a Diamond CP-6 which has to be pre-tuned by hand by changing the length of the radials. When properly set-up, this tuner does the rest.

The CAT-port on the back is occupied by this tuner, correct. But there is a second on the front! People, read the f. manual! The microphoneconnector is also configurable as a CAT-port so you can still use your tuner when hooking it up to HamradioDeluxe or any other program. So no problem to me.

In my tuner, the fan is running constantly but I consider the simple modification of a temperature-sensor to activate the fan only on higher temperatures. That solves most of the problems. I agree, Yaesu could have done it for us.

The LDG alternative has some mayor complaints: it is dead-ugly and it doesn't tune automatically but it has to be activated by the operator. Now that sounds like a real issue to me.

I have used this tuner for over a year and I am very pleased with it.

LU1DAW Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2008 07:52 Send this review to a friend
Perfect to use with CP-6  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
What use with a Diamond CP-6 and I worked quite well, the fan is turned on only tx.
I use it on the base together with the internal power suply and is excellent!
I recomended for use with a multi-band antenna and you want to expand the bandwidth.
Best 73´s
Rodrigo
LU1DAW/EB3BGM

LA9AKA Rating: 2/5 Oct 27, 2007 16:30 Send this review to a friend
Buy something else...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought one for my FT-897, but I was not satisfied at all. Limited tuning range and noisy fan. The CAT port is also occupied by the tuner, so rig ctrl is impossible. Think the LDG AT-897 is a much better choice.

IW1DFU Rating: 1/5 Jul 23, 2007 08:50 Send this review to a friend
Wasted money  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've bought an FC 30 to complete my FT897D for outdor use... but I'm sure I've wasted my money. It's not able to tune anything that has more than 1:2 of SWR... so, it's a non sense ATU... Yes, it look nice, but nothing else. Don't try to tune a G5RV because you will not be able to do . Better to buy an LDG, not so nice to watch but it' cheaper and it works 1000 times better!

PU2POP Rating: 0/5 Jul 17, 2007 14:58 Send this review to a friend
Decepção / Total deception  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Decepção total quanto ao desempenho do Yaesu FC-30. é melhor operar sem nada de que com ele.

Os projetistas deste equipamento deveriam ser condenados á guilhotina por terem projetado algo que realmente não funciona. E CUSTA MUITO CARO.

Nota: Zero com louvor

Total deception as for Yaesu FC-30'S acting. it is better to operate without anything that with him.

The planners of this equipment should be condemned á guillotines for they have projected something that doesn't really work. AND VERY EXPENSIVE COST.

Notice: Zero with praise!

WA7PAT Rating: 0/5 Jul 11, 2007 23:00 Send this review to a friend
Major Disappointment  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Well, I really don't understand why any company would put their name on a product that so severely under-performs. Shame on Yaesu.

I'm a rookie and this is my first rig. I bought the FT-897 with the internal power supply and this tuner. I put up a G5RV that I bought at the same time, then tried to figure out what I was doing wrong. I could only tune on 15mtrs; everything else was too high of swr.

I was planning on pulling the antenna down, but got some advice that I should try a different tuner. I picked up the LDG AT-897 and was immediately tuning on 10, 20, 40, & 80. I haven't tried any others yet.

Too bad. It looks great hooked to the radio, but it's suppose to tune antennas. I didn't get any value from it at all. I'm feeling too guilty to sell it some other poor sucker on eBay. I just can't do that to another human being.