Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Kenwood AT-130 Help

Reviews Summary for Kenwood AT-130
Kenwood AT-130 Reviews: 20 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $144.95 / 1983
Description: 100W Antenna Tuner

You can write your own review of the Kenwood AT-130.

WA8KOQ Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2016 14:33 Send this review to a friend
STILL a Great Tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I agree with others that say," If you can find one BUY IT". This little tuner may not look like much but it sure does the job. Tunes my Rain Gutter with ease all bands. Still worth checking out if your looking for a tuner.

LU9WFN Rating: 5/5 Oct 29, 2013 05:51 Send this review to a friend
Very capable  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have not tried vertical, only one, the rest of dipoles, 20 meters long wire with coax or 300 ohm TV line no problem!

N5XJT Rating: 5/5 Oct 28, 2013 08:15 Send this review to a friend
Great little tuner!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought it used, was unsure of it at first but am now delighted with it. I use it with my FT-840 and my Tempo 2020, works great. Tunes quickly, would probably match a tin building to any rig and it is built like a tank. If you find one, grab it!

AI4WC Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2010 13:29 Send this review to a friend
Great tuner!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I recently reviewed this great tuner, and like NY4D, I put contact cleaner on the contacts and it works great. I match it up with my Kenwood TS-130 and I work the world. Yes, I did as I said I would; I found another one that looked new in the box and bought it too (for tuner insurance!). I won't even hook it up until/if I need a new tuner! If you can find one, buy it!!

NY4D Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2010 09:23 Send this review to a friend
Built Like A Tank & Just Works  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Happy to have one of these. This is a solid built tuner, bandswitched so no guessing which position to use.

The circuit is a little different than the T type tuners, has C both in series and parallel to the coil on the output side. I find the matching range way wider than the specs say. It matches my G5RV on all bands 80-10 though 15 is a tad flaky.

This is coax output only, but I imagine would be a good candidate for use with a balanced fed antenna with the 4:1 balun outdoors and then coax inside to the tuner.

My opinion - if you can find one of these it is a superior choice the ones from Mississippi. Mine needed a bit of deoxit on the bandswitch and meter controls.

Only negative is the dc cable to light the thing up is impossible to find. Easy to put a different one in though if you need it lit.

KD4VLF Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2010 17:49 Send this review to a friend
You won't get mine !  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned mine for several years now and it is a great tuner. its built very well and works great. I've used it in the shack as well as portable, QRP and QRO. I usally use compromise antennas due to a small lot and minimalist portable setups, and it has handled everything I've thrown at it. If you're lucky enough to find one "BUY IT".

2I0BHK Rating: 5/5 Jan 5, 2010 03:38 Send this review to a friend
excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
this is my second kenwood at-130, having made the mistake and selling on the first this one stays now until they give me the SK label..
still tunes the wiskers on my beard...hi hi.
it also came with the orignal dc lead for the meter lamp.
paid 75.00 sterling for it, which some may think alittle too much but what the hell, we only live once..

WB5JEO Rating: 5/5 Dec 2, 2009 15:15 Send this review to a friend
Nice For Mobile  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I picked one up to use with my TS-50 mobile. I need a very short antenna and use the less than 3-foot Shark Mini's during the week to clear the parking garage. The Mini's are a little tough to tune nicely, and the AT-130 gives me a very nice match. I don't have to tweak as I move up and down the band, at least not on 20. It's small enough that it tucks between the arm rests where I can get to it when I need to. Nice heft. SO much more a solid piece of gear than things like MFJ. Smooth controls that stay where you put them. SWR meter is easy to use.

G7MIW Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2009 20:37 Send this review to a friend
Amazing Performance  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this little tuner for a while now and I have to say it is a real gem. It has managed to tune just about everything I've ever attached to it including random wire lengths from 20 to 260 feet (6 to 80 M).

I also used it on my radios that have built in automatic tuners where they couldn't cope, it out performed them.

It was a perfect companion to my G5RV that I used on various expeditions.

These rarely come up for sale, probably because those who have them don't want to part with them.

26TM119 Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2008 09:28 Send this review to a friend
bombproof  Time owned: more than 12 months
fantastic build quality,buy one if you get the chance