Reviews Categories | Antenna Tuners | Kenwood AT-130 Help

Reviews Summary for Kenwood AT-130
Kenwood AT-130 Reviews: 19 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $144.95 / 1983
Description: 100W Antenna Tuner

You can write your own review of the Kenwood AT-130.

N6QPU Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2008 13:32 Send this review to a friend
Great little tuner  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had my AT-130 for over 3 years now and I love it. It is very simple to use and works great on my IC-730, IC-751A and FT-857D. I use it with my G5RV and it tunes it to 1 to 1 with no trouble. A great tunner and I may get another one.

ON4ATW Rating: 5/5 Mar 11, 2007 11:23 Send this review to a friend
Best on the market !  Time owned: more than 12 months
First of all i like to mention i don't like antenna tuners. We need to build our antennas in such a way we don't have to put a tuner in line and waste power or performance. On the other hand sometimes it is just impossible to build an antenna that would work on all the bands we need it to work and than with the help of a tuner we can keep the output of our solid state transmitters happy. Therefore i looked around for this AT-130 because it is simply the best tuner ever build. It weights about 1.6 Kgr and the knobs are rock solid. The inside is evenly
ruggedly build with state of the art components and it can match virtually any impedance to match our transceivers 50 ohm output. Wire/vertical/center fed/off center fed you name it. I like the feed trough position when you don't need to match your antenna. I only use this tuner when i'm abroad with my FT897D and my home brew multi band wires / verticals. It's a snap to match any of these antennas to keep my FT897D happy. If you are in the market for a tuner don't waste money on anythings else, just try to find one of these AT-130's. Hurry 'cause they are getting scares...

K7LZR Rating: 5/5 Jul 22, 2006 21:37 Send this review to a friend
Solid Quality  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just acquired a Kenwood AT-130 for use with an Alinco DX-70T.

These units are a very good match for each other and work very well together. The build quality of the AT-130 is incredible. It has a heavy and solid feel. Much, Much better quality than alot of today's small manual tuners(MFJ,etc.). The bandswitch has a good, positive snap, even after xx years and several owners.

I've owned several small tuners over the last 30 years, and homebrewed several more. The AT-130 is probably the best so far.

WB4TJH Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2005 09:36 Send this review to a friend
very rugged and simple  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have a mint one that I have used for years. It is extremely overbuilt and rugged and tunes about a 10:1 or so swr with no problems. The demand must be high these days, since I just saw a nice one with a manual go for $304 on Ebay! I could not belive what some people will pay for one. It is really a simple little tuner, just very well engineered and ruggedly built. I guess that goes to show you how well liked the AT-130 is and how rare they must be getting. I sure plan to hang on to mine.

KB1LBP Rating: 5/5 Mar 22, 2005 16:16 Send this review to a friend
Great Little Tuner  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been using this tuner on my Carolina Windom and Hustler 4btv antenna with excellent results.It tunes the Windom from 15 to 80 with ease and the Hustler I only use for 20 and 40 and it does a great job on it also.For such a small tuner it does an awesome job.I couldn't get a tune on 80 with the auto tuner but this little giant did it with no problem.

S57MHA Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2003 06:44 Send this review to a friend
Great tuner!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I use this tuner with my ICOM IC-745 and Diamond CP6 vertical antenna (3.5, 7, 14, 21, 28/29 and 50MHz). It works great! I can tune to 1:1 also on 30m band. To bad that it doesn't have power meter...

73's de Alex - S57MHA

M3SKF Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2003 12:00 Send this review to a friend
AWESOME LITTLE CREATURE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Small in statue but a mighty heavyweight of a tuner,built to with-stand a nuclear bomb explosion.Great for the shack or mobile field operation,consists of a swr meter & antenna switch 3.5-30 MHZ matching or through via band switch,meter operates in both modes & illuminated display with 12v external power source.This little baby is very well constructed it is in fact over engineered for its purpose,a real credit & a great achievment from Kenwood.Not that easy to find now but very desirable & well recommended

PY3KT Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2003 15:15 Send this review to a friend
Fine little box  Time owned: more than 12 months
This antenna tunner work fine in all bands with a very smoot tune. I use it with my Icom 706 MKII when in operation in another QTH, like beach house or mountain portable station, even with not ideal antenna installation. The little box of Kenwood AT-130 more a Icom 706 increase very fun in vacation season. A «matched pair», I would say.

KY6R Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2003 21:22 Send this review to a friend
Great for QRP  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is a very small antenna tuner that is perfect for QRP - even though it is rated 150W max, with a 2W minimum requirement.

My K1 has the internal antenna tuner, but my Argonaut V does not. I wanted an antenna tuner that would tune an 80M dipole for use on all bands with my Argonaut V, and this does the trick.

If you can find one in mint condition for $120 or less, then it would be a good deal. It does not however, handle single wire or balanced lines - just unbalanced coax in / out.