Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Equipment Repair | Electronic Equipment Servicing - WA4GEG Help

Reviews Summary for Electronic Equipment Servicing - WA4GEG
Reviews: 114 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 160~6 meter Yaesu SSB/CW Transceiver Repair
More info: http://www.HamRadioBug.com

You can write your own review of the Electronic Equipment Servicing - WA4GEG.

AI5E Rating: 5/5 Jul 26, 2011 18:17 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Work and Reasonable Price  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Byron is by far one of the best technicians I have found. I met him this summer when I delivered my Mark V Field for repair. He showed me his latest homebrew project. It was a transceiver that looked like a commercially built unit. His work on my Mark V Field was very reasonable, He went beyond the actual repair and aligned unit to make sure all was working correctly.

KA8YID Rating: 5/5 Jul 24, 2011 13:27 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
What a positive experience! Good communication, very fair pricing, short turn around time, and problems solved. In this day and time, it doesn't get any better than this. My Yaesu FT-1000MP is back in its regular place in the shack.

W5ER Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2011 08:52 Send this review to a friend
Can't be beat!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Second trip to Bryon for my Mark 5, my wire antenna excells at receiving E.M.P.. Reasonable costs, quality workmanship, fast turn around, what more could one ask for.

W3ULS Rating: 5/5 May 4, 2011 17:18 Send this review to a friend
Running on all cylinders  Time owned: more than 12 months
My Mark V Field was serviced and returned by Byron Campbell in what seemed like no time. It was the first servicing since its purchase in 2004, and the transceiver looks and performs like new. (Byron also installed at my request the INRAD roofing filter mod.) Just another satisfied customer.

I continue to believe that if one can resist the lure of the LCD displays and DSP functions common to the new rigs, that the Mark V Field with the INRAD mod can hold its own quite nicely in terms of overall performance. In addition, its appearance and its ergonomics IMHO cannot be beat. Us Yaesu fans are lucky to have a quality service facility for our Mark Vs, given that Yaesu itself is no longer supporting these fine radios.

K4DKI Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2011 06:57 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I cant say enough good about this companies service.

W1CP

N7UF Rating: 5/5 Feb 15, 2011 17:01 Send this review to a friend
Great work/Excellent service  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My name can be added to the ever growing list of satisfied customers. I sent my FT1000MP Mk5 to Byron on Jan 28. I received an e-mail on Feb. 10 that my rig was repaired/updated and ready to be returned. The fee's were very reasonable for the work done.
My rig works as good as new if not better. If you have an FT1000 series radio, I highly recommend his service. Thanks Byron

W5IF Rating: 5/5 Nov 16, 2010 14:36 Send this review to a friend
**** None Better ****  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just recently received my FT1000MP MK 5 back from Byron and wanted to say that I am very very happy with the work that was done. Byron was great from the first email to the last email. We had great communication and he did absolutely what he had promised to do. I would encourage all to check his website and drop him a note. You won't be sorry as he does outstanding work. His rates are very reasonable and freight is a lot better from the midwest than going all the way to California. As I said, check him out, you won't be sorry....I am sure happy with his work

W4ABW Rating: 5/5 May 26, 2010 09:25 Send this review to a friend
Great service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Byron knows the Yaesu line for sure. I took my FT-1000MP to Sharps Chapel and he fixed me right up. If you take your radio in person be sure to stop at Rhonda's Deli. You can't miss it on the road in to Byron's QTH. Thanks Byron !

K9MI Rating: 5/5 Mar 8, 2010 10:46 Send this review to a friend
Great service on my 1000 MP!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It is easy to see why Byron rates a 5.0 on his repair of Yaesu 1000 series radios. I really expected a large repair bill, as my rig would still come on, but had lost all receive and transmit functions. But for all the work Byron had done I thought his charges were very reasonable. It's easy to see why Byron has such a high rating and so many satisfied customers. Add me to the list!

73 - Mike, K9MI

8P6GU Rating: 5/5 Feb 25, 2010 11:32 Send this review to a friend
repairs to yeasu mk 5 field  Time owned: more than 12 months
My yeasu mk5 field suddenly stopped putting out full power on all bands.In Barbados I could not find anyone to repair the radio a search of the internet pointed me to Byron I searched eham for reviews and was happy with what was written. I emailed Byron about the problem and he suggested the reason for the problem and gave me a shipping date which seemed far away I waited and shipped the radio on Jan 18th 2010 I received the radio on 23rd of feb Iam amazed by the performance of this radio now it is receiving better and there is no sign of the problem.Icompared performance with another mark 5 field and the quality of my radio was outstanding Byron does a fantastic job and I will recommend to anyone in the caribbean who are having problems with the yeasu 1000 mp series to seek his wise counsel.
Haschel 8p6gu