Reviews Categories | Batteries & Chargers for amateur radios. | Monster Cable - Monster Powercells Help

Reviews Summary for Monster Cable - Monster Powercells
Monster Cable - Monster Powercells Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $39.95
Description: Ultra High Capacity 1800 mAh NiMh AA Batteries w/ Monster Digital Charger
More info: http://www.monstercable.com/powercell/lineNiMH.asp

You can write your own review of the Monster Cable - Monster Powercells.

W7COM Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2003 22:50 Send this review to a friend
I use them in my digital camera  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
When I bought my digital camera the salesman suggested that I get these because the model I chose was known for being a battery eater. I can't even get through a day of site seeing with regular alkalines but with these I end up misplacing the charger because I don't have to change the cells for days to weeks. They are outstanding.

AF4YA Rating: 5/5 Mar 14, 2003 22:19 Send this review to a friend
You wouldn't believe  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I was supprised to find out that Monster Cable, makers of high quality audio/video interconnects, has gotten into the battery business. I got my hands on these batteries and a charger, and have been amazed ever since.

It only takes 2 to 3 hours to charge them and they last as long or longer than my BP-173 when using my Icom IC-T7H and 4 of these in the AA adapter pack. I've never seen anything like it.
In fact, these are my primary batteries for my HT now. I would recommend them to anyone, ESPECIALLY if you use an HT for emergency communications. If you buy a charger w/ 4 cells and an additional 4 pack of these batteries, you are good to go. What's even better is that the charger will also do the AAA version of these batteries.

They have 2000mAh AA batteries out there, but I haven't gotten my hands on them yet. If they are anything like the 1800s, they would be well worth the money.

73s,