Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | DXLab by AA6YQ Help

Reviews Summary for DXLab by AA6YQ
DXLab by AA6YQ Reviews: 130 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $Free
Description: Integrated suite of programs for logging and station management
More info: http://www.dxlabsuite.com

You can write your own review of the DXLab by AA6YQ.

AB8AA Rating: 5/5 Mar 13, 2014 16:19 Send this review to a friend
Great software  Time owned: more than 12 months
As a long time user of DXLabs software suite of programs. All I can say is it is the best thing out there. Having tried the others, this is the best. I would pay for this one if for no other reason than the excellent support you get. Great Job Dave.
AB8AA

3. and Love it

You can't go wrong !!!

KB2NGK Rating: 5/5 Jan 4, 2014 12:47 Send this review to a friend
Great!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I'm going to keep it short. For a number of reasons, I have abandoned HRD 6 which I paid for, and switched to DXLab. Much better functionality, and support. Wish I had given it a fair chance prior to spending the money on HRD which looked promising a few years ago.

KM1C Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2014 08:56 Send this review to a friend
Has saved my DXing life!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have now used the DXLab suite for well over one year. It has become the centerpiece of my ham shack. Incredible real-time tracking of all DX confirmations and DX needs by band and mode. Supports DXCC, VUCC, WAZ, and a multitude of other award programs. Integration with LOTW is seamless. I really enjoy the use of WinWarbler, the module that handles PSK and RTTY QSOs. All modules talk to each other, upgrades are handled very smoothly via the DXLab Launcher program. Supporting documentation is fantastic, as is info on the Yahoo Group. The spot filtering functions are superb when looking for only the elusive "new ones". Having said all of this, I am probably only tapping into about 25% of the power of the overall program. I learn something new about it almost every day, and it is fun! Dave, AA6YQ, will not accept any contributions for this great software. You can, however, make contributions to charitable organizations on his behalf. My choice is St.Judes Childrens Research Hospital. This is a nice way to thank Dave for his efforts while also helping those in need. 73 and see you in the pileups! de Bill KM1C

AG1T Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2014 10:48 Send this review to a friend
Finally a suite of ham software that works well!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have hunted long and hard for a windows replacement for an old piece of logger software that no longer runs on current versions of windows. I wanted an integrated suite that did many things in a manor that was pleasing to my eyes and easy to work with. I tried and paid for two other so called suites (Cost around $200). I was very displeased. They did not work or did not have the functionality I needed.

DXLabs has what I needed. With LoTW, eQSL, and ClubLog integrated (and tracked!). It fits the bill well. The support is awesome. I usually get a reply to my query in hours not days. It has multi-monitor support. It works with my favorite DX cluster. It alarms for me, it emails me.

I would pay double what I paid for the last to spota suites for DXLabs and still would feel I am cheating the author. He does not accept a dime for his efforts.

Excellent software!

N8XI Rating: 5/5 Oct 26, 2013 20:46 Send this review to a friend
Commander  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using 4 of the DXLab suites for several years.
I decided to start using Commander.
Had a couple of DB-9 serial ports added to this W7 PC when I purchased it.
NOT from a big lot store :)
So, it was fairly straightforward to set up.

Commander has all that I could ask for!!

No more having to set up the V>M and M>V keys for memory use on the OMNI VII.

Commander has 10 banks with 10 memory slots each.
Press the 'sel'ect button and your there :)

Too bad I didn't try this sooner.

I have been well pleased with all the DXLab programs and Commander makes it that much more fun.
Especially when using Bandspread window.

Like shooting fish in a barrel:)

73, Rick - N8XI

AF9W Rating: 5/5 Oct 14, 2013 14:16 Send this review to a friend
As I learn more I love it more  Time owned: more than 12 months
I began using DXLab a little over a year ago. I was looking for a logging program to run on my Mac Air. I tried the free programs and RumLog was pretty good but it wasn't good at helping me track QSO's with CWOPS, SKCC, NAQCC, and other club members. I tried DXLab based on the eHam reviews and it does everything I want. I travel extensively in the summer and DXLab makes it easy to keep track of multiple locations and multiple radios. You can't beat the price and support. The author listens to users and adds features to help users get the most value from the software. It has a bit of a learning curve but like N1MM you start slow and then use more features as you get comfortable with the software.

AB4BJ Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2013 10:18 Send this review to a friend
Excellent software package  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using this software package for several years. It is an excellent all-in-one solution for station control, logging, DX spotting, digital modes, etc. Not only that, but it has the best customer service I have experienced with any ham radio software. The author, Dave, AA6YQ, listens to his users and provides frequent updates to make sure the software is current with super functionality. Try it!

VU2CDP Rating: 5/5 Sep 20, 2013 03:44 Send this review to a friend
Knowledge is power!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Excellent suite of software programs. The functionality and support is better than what one would get for paid software. It has a learning curve but then so does the hobby itself. May not seem very intuitive to begin with but as one takes the time to understand every functionality, one comes to appreciate how powerful the application suite really is. Seemed overwhelming at the beginning and the GUI (or lack of it) wasn't very exciting to look at, but DXLab is more about substance than form.

DXing success is a mix of station capability, operator skills, location and knowledge. The DXLab Suite arms you with enough information to improve your knowledge of DXing and eventual DX success. IMHO, this is a very valuable tool to have in the arsenal.

Thank you Dave!

Deepak VU2CDP

WH7DX Rating: 5/5 Apr 26, 2013 17:42 Send this review to a friend
INTENSE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
W3QT - I second those statements.

I was using N1MM and happy with the speed and simplicity. Wasn't paying attention to awards and had fairly recently started logging on my computer. I was playing around with contests and chatting with whomever was out there.

I looked around and DXKeeper offered what I needed and the speed was still there. You can't beat the price and the entire package of software is really something, and it was all free, how rare.

I have spent countless hours getting it all put together, software, QSL cards entered, DXCC online updated, QSL records correctly noted, Clublog loaded and QSL log chart printed out for notes, LOTW award accounts set, postage ordered, envelopes and labels purchased, money ready.. WOW. So organized.. :-)

Now I need to raise my Antenna up another 10ft!!