Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | DXLab by AA6YQ Help

Reviews Summary for DXLab by AA6YQ
DXLab by AA6YQ Reviews: 147 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $Free
Description: Integrated suite of programs for logging and station management
More info: http://www.dxlabsuite.com

You can write your own review of the DXLab by AA6YQ.

VK4WTN Rating: 5/5 Dec 21, 2014 14:18 Send this review to a friend
Its great  Time owned: more than 12 months
hi all,I have run DXkeeper as my logger for several years now and find it great.I also now use Commander to control my TS590 and use Winwarbler,DX view and Spotter. These are all great programs to use and I am a computer challenged ham. Any problems that I have had (all my own fault) have always answere quickly on the reflector.(I dont know if Dave actually ever sleeps). The program can do many things but I keep it simple. I will never use another logging program its simply the best
regards Wayne VK4WTN

AE3K Rating: 0/5 Dec 21, 2014 10:54 Send this review to a friend
Surely you're joking.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My initial opinion is, "Surely you're joking." I understand that this software gets overwhelmingly positive reviews, but I do not concur.

I installed the software and imported my log. I clicked through a few QSOs, happening to click on one with TO5A, which the software cannot categorize. Okay so far.

But it's not okay that it pops up a dialog that tells me that I must "click okay and correct the flashing field(s)", and then refuse to proceed until I do. I have no idea what it wants me to do or how to do it.

And, understand this, the problem is not with me. All I'm doing is looking at the log. This program expects me to have its worldview, expects me to know to "correct the flashing field(s)", and the only way out that I could find was to exit the program.

Followed by uninstalling it.

No doubt I could get a Ph.D. in DXLab and think it is wonderful.

From a software developer's point of view, the choices in ham radio logging software are bad. But this is one of the most infuriating I've tried.

K1PGV Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2014 08:30 Send this review to a friend
Solid, Trustworthy  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using DXLab since I became a ham. The user interface isn't the most modern (or to me, the most intuitive) but the are SOOOOO many features that cause me to remain a user.

The support and assistance for this package are the best of any software I've ever used. Not the best of any HAM RADIO software, the best of ANY software ever. Seriously. THE benchmark for helpful and responsive to customers.

Also, I've found over the years that this is a package I can TRUST. I'm entering my QSO data. I do not want to lose it. I want my award eligibility computed properly. With DXLab I never have a minute's concern.

This is a great software package.

W6DE Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2014 15:29 Send this review to a friend
Amazing stuff  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using the DXLab suite of programs for fours years now. I find it to be an amazingly complete and proficient set of DXer tools. It is substantially more than a logger program: DX spots, rig control, logging, log search, awards tracking, aids to Award achievement, DX spot mapping, propagation--it is all there.

I have never encountered a more timely and complete user support experience--ever! It is unfortunate that a previous reviewer did not join the Yahoo! DXLab support group. He certainly would have been helped/directed to a solution for what appears to have been an operating system configuration issue. All questions can be asked--no matter how many times, they all get answered. All issues are handled: operator errors, computer set-up, operating system issues, overzealous virus protection, and yes even DXLab errors--just so long as they are related to making DXLab work they all get answers.

Do not make the mistake by judging the quality of this program suite by its free price. Get it now, if you are a DXer you won't be disappointed!

73--Dave w6de

K8GI Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2014 05:28 Send this review to a friend
Incredible!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used this incredible suite of software under Windoze 2000, XP and 7; several computers ranging from an ancient Pentium to an Intel-based i7 with 16GB of RAM; and with Icom, Kenwood and Elecraft equipment.

Quite simply: "It just works." It does just about everything one could expect it to do and requires NO add-ons. In the rare event it does not perform as expected (and I really DO mean rare ...) help is only a few minutes away via the very active mailing list. There is always someone (or, more likely, a flood of people) there to help.

If I were going to start changing "stuff" out in my station, the K3 or one of my rather large antennas would go before I'd dump my DXLab software. I say this based on several years (I think about 7) of great success in its use.
Kudos to Dave, AA6YQ, for giving this to the DX community.

Oh yea ... one more thing ... it's FREE!

73 de Rick, K8GI

W6NWS Rating: 5/5 Dec 12, 2014 20:17 Send this review to a friend
Great software  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used DXLab for many years now. I doubt there is as comprehensive a solution and especially at the price (zero). It has log, rig control, propagation prediction, rotator control, spot collection, and the ability to do CW, RTTY, PSK natively and bridges available for FLDIGI and other packages for other modes. The log module allows QSLing and award tracking. It also has the ability to query data in nearly any way you could want. Dave is the most responsive for questions or problems - answers often in less than a day. Dave always takes time to answer questions no matter how many times they have been asked in the DXLab group on Yahoo. I settled on DXLab in part because it collected all of the data I wanted to keep. Updating the elements of the Suite is as simple as clicking a button.

KJ4FGI Rating: 5/5 Dec 5, 2014 15:00 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic! KX3  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had used this with my Icom 706MKIIG and now with my Elecraft KX3, I love it, I tried all sorts of programs this tops them. I use Multipsk along with DXLAB, Patrick, designed Multipsk to interface with DXLAB. DXlab Commander is used as the radio control software and it logs with DXL. If you get both programs there is nothing else needed

NJ5N Rating: 5/5 Oct 11, 2014 08:24 Send this review to a friend
Great Job  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using DXLab for several years now and it continues be a great program and does all I could ask.
Not only does the software provide all the features I need it is a rock solid program with great support from Dave (AA6YQ) and the Yahoo Group Forum.

W3OU Rating: 5/5 Oct 9, 2014 05:14 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
New user. The suite is way beyond logging with a number of programs which talk to one another and hand off information. N1MM user for many years and like the N1MM type bandmap. Instant transfer to the log or other things like prop or QRZ.com lookups. Still have a lot of functions to get into but they seem easy to use and are well integrated as I get into them. Having fun with this!

KN3A Rating: 5/5 Oct 1, 2014 19:20 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using DXLab Suites going on 2 years now after many promises of the paid HRD that I bought being nothing better than what I had for free. I installed and learned how to use the programs in the DXLab Suites and never looked back. There's no fee involved, and Dave is a fantastic guy to work with. He's always right there when you need help and always fixes things on a timely basis and always upgrading with new and improved features. There is a learning curve but you will get lots of friendly help on the Yahoo reflector and you'll be all set and running in no time. After contests, DxKeeper easily imports my log files I export from N1MM+. Highly recommended!