Reviews Categories | Amplifiers: RF Power - HF & HF+6M | Ten Tec Model 417 Titan III HF Amplifier Help

Reviews Summary for Ten Tec Model 417 Titan III HF Amplifier
Ten Tec Model 417 Titan III HF Amplifier Reviews: 14 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $4295 (US) + shipping
Description: 1.5 Kw HF amplifier using a pair of 4CX800A ceramic tetrodes in grid-driven configuration for 160 - 10 meters.
More info: http://radio.tentec.com/Amateur/Amplifiers/TT417

You can write your own review of the Ten Tec Model 417 Titan III HF Amplifier.

W9OP Rating: 5/5 Mar 26, 2004 08:46 Send this review to a friend
Great Amplifier  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my 12th HF amplifier, and quite possibly my last. It is by far the best I have ever owned. This is one rugged legal limit amplifier!

*Ease of operation
*Full legal power
*Impressive construction
*Quiet
*Legendary TenTec support

W4BQF Rating: 5/5 Mar 4, 2004 03:08 Send this review to a friend
Super Amp  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My Titan 3 has been on the air since December and is driven by my Orion. The amp's construction is excellent. Tuning is smooth and repeatable to get 1.5KW out on all bands. QSK is very fast and smooth, even up to 70wpm. The fan noise and the QSK relays are very quiet. The Titan 3 has performed flawless since I put it on my desk. Couldn't ask for a more trouble free piece of equipment.

Tom/W4BQF

AC5E Rating: 5/5 Dec 3, 2003 22:36 Send this review to a friend
HEFTY, WITH PERFORMANCE TO MATCH  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
My Titan III has been on line since early September with no problems but very impressive performance. The butter smooth tuning and excellent repeatability means once the amp is warmed up and on standby I can tune "by the book" and call the DX in seconds instead of a minute or more. The sheet metal work is impressive and the general fit and finish is first cabin. It's not a cheap amplifier, but it is well worth the money.

73 Pete Allen AC5E

K5QM Rating: 5/5 Oct 19, 2003 18:17 Send this review to a friend
RETURNED FROM TEN TEC  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
My Titan III was returned from the factory with a new tube. The problem that I reported was caused by a shorted tube taking out the cathode resistor.