Reviews Categories | Receivers: Scanners | Uniden BC350A Help

Reviews Summary for Uniden BC350A
Uniden BC350A Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $99
Description: pre-programmed police/fire/EMS scanner

You can write your own review of the Uniden BC350A.

WX4O Rating: 4/5 Nov 24, 2007 16:13 Send this review to a friend
Very Nice  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought one at Wally World over a year ago for $60. on sale. Programming can be confusing as stated.
I probably won't have to buy another one, although I would.

K4JMK Rating: 5/5 Nov 24, 2007 15:49 Send this review to a friend
lasts forever  Time owned: more than 12 months
no this scanner dont have all the bells and whistles,but most people will never use that stuff.if you dont need trunking find one of these and get it.MINE HAS BEEN RUNNING FOR ALMOST 11 YEARS STRAIGHT,WITHOUT BEING TURNED OFF.

N8MRC Rating: 4/5 Jun 30, 2005 20:45 Send this review to a friend
Good Radio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Nice scanner. Don't really like the way you program it..no direct keypad entry, but when you get it programed it works great. I manily use it for the aircraft band. I live right next to a major airport so I can hear everything. I only paid $32 for it, didn't come with a mounting bracket or knobs but I ordered them online for about $15. So with what I have invested I think I got a pretty good deal seeing that they sell for about $90 brand new.

AB0RE Rating: 3/5 Mar 24, 2003 00:20 Send this review to a friend
SENSITIVE?  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've owned a BC350A in the past and had mixed feelings about it.

Good? Well the price is right, it scans very quickly, and it is easy to take mobile. I also liked that it came with everything needed - an AC adaptor and telescopic BNC antenna for home use, and a DC adaptor and wire w/ suction cup antenna for mobile use. This makes it a great beginner scanner.

Not so good? No direct keypad entry and difficult programming sequence. The design/workmanship reminded me of my $40 CB radio. And sensitivity, in my opinion, should have been better. (It was 0.5 microvolt @ 29-54MHz, 0.7 microvolt @ 137-174 & 406-512, and 1.2 microvolt @ 108-137. Most ham radios are typically in the 0.15 microvolt to 0.25 microvolt range).

Would I buy one again? Sure, for listening to the local PD, Fire Dept, EMS, etc, but not if I was attempting to listen to any simplex ham signals.

73, Dan/ab0re

KC9UMR Rating: 5/5 Mar 23, 2003 20:26 Send this review to a friend
SENSITIVE  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
with the exception of the 50 channels being split up the way they are, (20 in Police, 10 in fire, and only 20 in the "private" scanning bank), I really can't complain...

without the antenna connected, i could pick up quite a few different frequencies from different police departments in the area....

I bought it used, but i really am happy with it!