Reviews Categories | Antenna Rotators & Accessories | Yaesu G-600 Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu G-600
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Antenna Rotator

You can write your own review of the Yaesu G-600.

YN2EJG Rating: 4/5 Sep 8, 2005 10:25 Send this review to a friend
Great for 15+ years  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used the G-600 to turn my 2el Gem Quad for 15+ years until it stopped turning to the left (CCW) a few weeks ago. You need a DPST momentary toggle switch for the left direction and a DPDT momentary toggle switch for the right direction. This is because they use one set of contacts on the right direction switch when turning to the left....so that if you push both switches it turns to the right rather than applying current to both motor windings and burning it out.

Yaesu no longer stocks spare parts. I also checked www.mouser.com but cannot find a replacement switch.

I finally used the Yaesu switch for the G-550, DPST to power a Radio Shack 125VAC DPDT relay.

Good Luck

Ed
W5GCX

M0BTZ Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2003 17:14 Send this review to a friend
Solid ,dependable rotator  Time owned: more than 12 months
This rotator has done a fine job for the 5 years in which I have owned it. I use it to turn a 17ele F9FT 2m beam with no problems. It is very strong but be carefull not to overtighten the mast clamps as they could crack.I really like the control box with its nice display.
I plan to use it to turn some 23cm yagis in the future. I just wish that yaesu included a slow rotation facility for sharp UHF/ Microwave antennas. Maybe something for yaesu to think about.
The instruction manual is good and I have no hessitations in recommending this rotator.

Well done Yaesu!