Reviews Categories | Ham Radio education & exam prep materials | Ham University Help

Reviews Summary for Ham University
Ham  University Reviews: 10 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $25-40
Description: A very good way to learn the code
also helps with the general and extra class test
More info: http://www.hamuniversity.com

You can write your own review of the Ham University.

KD7TSO Rating: 5/5 Dec 7, 2008 11:58 Send this review to a friend
Good For CW & Practice  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used this for my code exam about 2 years ago to get my code speed back up. Great program talked to tech support over the phone nice people to talk with very helpfull. Used it for little over 6 months before I went and took my code test it helped my lots. I used exam questions for with arrl book help pass my general. But if you have no need to learn cw just get the book from arrl.

KW5JC Rating: 1/5 Jul 22, 2008 08:45 Send this review to a friend
Don't waste your $40.00  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this program from ARRL online assuming it had passed their standards. Think again.
When I found trouble with the the code to unlock the program I called ARRL and spoke to 3 individuals at headquarters. Not a one knew what I was talking about and each one was totally unfamiliar with the program. I then called (no 1 800 number) the programmer for help. He was out of town so I waited another day. I was told that I would just have to wait until the CD arrived from ARRL to receive the activate key as he could not send it by email. The ad on ARRL said something different. I did wait a week and finally received the program and key. I intended to use the program for class upgrade as it now has the new question pool. Their is no explantion of any theory or any other missed question text. This program amounts to just computerized flash cards. Save your money or buy a book from ARRL. By the way, this program is written by a Non-ham. Go figure.

KL1XB Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2005 08:56 Send this review to a friend
fine tool to learn code with  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
This is a fine tool to learn code with the extra benefit of practice exams for the written tests also. There are programs out there that are free but do not have the writtne exams as part of the software package.

N0ZM Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2005 21:27 Send this review to a friend
0-20wpm IN 7 WEEKS!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought HamU and went from 0-20wpm in 7 weeks while out of town on business, Sitting in a hotel room everynight doing code, so if you only need 5 Wpm now it should take someone serious a week or two at hour or less a night, This software is worth the investment.
N0ZM

N8TNJ Rating: 5/5 May 13, 2005 16:56 Send this review to a friend
Great program  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Finally decided that I'm gonna learn code if it kills me! Bought the HamU disk from ARRL in April of last year. And I'm glad I did. I would study about 3 times a week, at a half hour each time. Took my time, did not "push it" Sat down in June to take my code test and passed with almost 100% copy! Great program, and I tell other no-code techs to try it. you might just like it!!

KG6ZBO Rating: 1/5 May 13, 2005 16:27 Send this review to a friend
Warning  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just purchased a full copy of "Ham University". This program requires activation in the same way as does Microsoft's operating system. If this program will not activate, as it will not on my Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop, you will be unable to get a refund on your purchase ($39.95). I now have a program which will run for less than 5 minutes at a time. The company refuses to refund my purchase price because they have a "trial version" available. The trial version does not require activation and will run on my computer. The documentation for this program is so poorly written as to be useless. It is a trial and error software program. Spend your money elsewhere! BE WARNED!

KE6KQV Rating: 5/5 Jan 31, 2005 13:40 Send this review to a friend
A great code learning program  Time owned: more than 12 months
This is a great program for learning the code. I had struggles on and off for years trying to learn from tapes and records but I found that I would memorize the recording before learning the code. this program allowed me to learn the code and pass the code test. It is very user friendly and is great to have on a laptop to practice with headphone when you have some spare time.

N0ZM Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2004 23:58 Send this review to a friend
Exelent  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used Ham University and went from a Tech Plus to a 20 WPM Extra in 3 months! 1 to 2 hrs a day of pratice. Took it on the road in my laptop too!
Great software and very inexpensive.

N4MJG Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2004 23:45 Send this review to a friend
good learning code  Time owned: more than 12 months
i have too use them still working on the code,but will get it soon.i brought the cd back in 2001 of aug when i was first got my no code tech lic.i needed to go back relearn the code.it a good cd i got from huntsville ala.

73's
Jackie
KG4ORX

KB0VVK Rating: 5/5 May 1, 2004 23:14 Send this review to a friend
helped code  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used it a long time ago for code also helped me with the general test
I thought there would be more people useing it.
its very helpfull.