Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | Yaesu FP-1030 A 25 amp power supply Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu FP-1030 A 25 amp power supply
Yaesu FP-1030 A 25 amp power supply Reviews: 22 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $$250
Description: 25 amp power supply

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FP-1030 A 25 amp power supply.

K6USN Rating: 4/5 Jul 12, 2017 21:52 Send this review to a friend
One perplexing problem  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is my second FP 1030A in 4 years. I bought it based on the good track record with my original one.
It's a five in performance.
The problem is the loud whine or 'siren' sound as the fan winds down. Sent the first one back to HRO and the second one they sent does the same thing. My 4 year old FP1030A does not do this.

There is no mention of the fan whine in the instruction sheet but it is well documented in e Ham as well as U Tube. It does not seem to
be effecting performance or durability but is annoying. Also, Yaesu should mention it in the instruction sheet. I suspect its random in the production run and I just got un-lucky twice. I am keeping it because I like my first one so much.

5B4AJG Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2017 11:26 Send this review to a friend
Built to last.....and last!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had mine from new, it was a freebee when I bought a new FT-847, that must be getting on for twenty years!!!!
I opened it up for the FIRST time to fit Anderson Powerpoles about a year ago, still looked like new inside. FT-847 went years ago, it's now powering my IC-7300 with total ease. This is the longest piece of ham radio kit I've owned without the need to upgrade. Not sure what that says, you decide!

KF2CF Rating: 5/5 Jan 2, 2017 16:50 Send this review to a friend
The First one is so good, I bought a second  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used an FP-1030A with my FT950 for nearly five years without a hitch or problem of any kind. This is a rock-steady power supply. I needed to replace a 12 volt power supply that I used with my 2M rig because of a hash issue. After reading reviews on a lot of commercially available power supplies, I became discouraged since most of them had some type of negative comments. The FP1030A was the exception and had very, very few. Not wanting a switcher, I bought another FP1030A.

KG5ABW Rating: 5/5 Sep 23, 2016 05:31 Send this review to a friend
KG5ABW  Time owned: more than 12 months
A REAL TROOPER ! had over 2 years and it has never missed a lick!

KM4CQG Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2016 02:23 Send this review to a friend
Digital station  Time owned: more than 12 months
Waited 3 years before writing this review.

Failure rate is 0 no hash the Power supply produces no noise. I can run my Flex 6700 from 3 separate power sources Solar or DC or the FP-1030a all show the same no noise footprint.

The 3 different terminals are a plus for making connections.

Improvements that could be made as others have mentioned the Meters could use some back lighting.

Ian
KM4CQG

W3ON Rating: 4/5 Apr 20, 2016 17:17 Send this review to a friend
Works Great-BUT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi. So far, the FP1030a is working very well. I have several complaints all that can easily be fixed.
1) No rear meter illumination.
2) The main DC power terminals are, I think, metric in size. Thus RING terminals cannot be installed unless one wants to force the knobs off. I eventually ended up by purchasing some STAK-ON
Part # 18353, 12-10 GA, 1/4 inch Fork Tongue insulated electrical terminals, from a local electrical parts company. That did the trick.
Other than that all is working ok.

K1WJ Rating: 4/5 Feb 17, 2016 08:35 Send this review to a friend
PS  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Fan comes on right away, when turning off supply fan make a siren noise as it slows down, did not expect that. No hum or hash noted, QC seems good for the most part. No holes in main pwr posts. See how she holds up over time.

TF3JB Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2015 15:24 Send this review to a friend
An excellent power supply.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have had my FP-1030A for over four years now. After extensive use, I am in full agreement with other hams who say: "...you simply connect it and forget it". No problems at all.

The Yaesu FP-1030A looks exactly the same as the Diamond GSV3000 with one exception. Whereas the FP-1030A has a round "plug" in the upper right corner front panel, the GSV3000 is fitted with an adjustable round knob to adjust the voltage up to 15VDC. There is, however, a screwdriver adjust potentiometer inside the 1030A if one wants to change the voltage.

I do like the idea that some reviewers have come up with, having added LED bulbs to illuminate the meters (because the meters’ panels have somewhat a dark color combination).

I can recommend the Yaesu FP-1030A as an excellent power source for the shack.

73 de TF3JB.

K3XR Rating: 5/5 Jun 9, 2015 11:58 Send this review to a friend
SO FAR WORKING GREAT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Recently picked up used great shape only complaint no lights for the meter(s)guess they needed to save a few cents. Just finished adding two cool white 12 volt LED bulbs one on each side edge of the meter about mid-way down the edge used glue gun to mount and needless to say no problem finding 12 volts makes a huge difference. So far the PS is working great the cooling fan is very quiet. Any idea why the round "plug" in the upper right corner front panel? maybe original design had two lighter sockets?

N4MJG Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2015 20:43 Send this review to a friend
Best power supply  Time owned: more than 12 months
I brought this at gigaparts in huntsville Alabama back in 2001. brand new cost round 229.00

My power suppy stay on except during bad storms, i have never have any problem and i take well care of my 1030A power supply !

If i ever need new power supply i'll get me anouther of those 1030A !! these suckers last for ever ! :)

Jackie